Thread: MY19 changes

Users Country Flag

MY19 changes

Hi,

I'm currently deciding if I should buy a Kodiaq MY19.
    Unfortunately, my local dealership doesn't have a MY19 model in stock and has to verify with Skoda the following things for me:

- Does the Australian MY19 version have more than 1 USB port?
    - Is a cargo liner included? I read something about it in a review, but it isn't mentioned in the brochure, ... .

Cheers,
    dragonos

If there's only a single USB port then you can always use a double adapter in the 12V power socket (if it has 1).

If the cargo liner isn't included just get the dealer to include it in your deal.

The only problem with Skoda in SA is the limited number of dealerships (and lack of competition). I seriously would cross-shop them with something equivalent in the price range to get them to move on price. Both Barossa and Adelaide dealerships are run by the same company so they won't discount to get the sale off the other office. YOu'd have to look interstate if they weren't going to play ball - hence the suggestion to cross-shop (even if you're not serious about the other car the Skoda dealership won't want to lose the sale).

Is the brochure with the MY19 spec not up on the website? I'd be looking through the detailed spec there if it's available.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes, the brochure is up, but it mentions just USB ...
    Depending on the photo I'm looking at on their website I can see 2 or 1 USB port in the console (they seem to be using a mixture of pics ...).

Yes, only 1 dealership is a bummer. But I got a discount of around 7% ... (interstate dealers didn't offer a much better price).
    I'm also considering a Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander, it's a nice car but not as good as a Kodiaq in my eyes. The price is spot on though, dealers seem to need sales before the new year; I got offered 15% off ... this brings it down in the region of a discounted Kodiaq (fully specced).

Users Country Flag
    Hi dragonos,

The ŠKODA Kodiaq is a wonderful vehicle and I would say go for it!!!

Not sure when VAG vehicles change to MY19 (I think around July??? Happy to be corrected though...)

The latest ŠKODA Kodiaq brochure was published in September 2018 and it is for MY19 vehicles (so that should give some sort of indication).

As per the brochure; Storage compartment (in front of gear stick) – illuminated, AUX input, USB and 12V socket / 9.2" with gesture control Columbus high resolution 'Glass design' infotainment system with navigation, including SmartLink^^ smartphone connectivity with Apple Carplay® and Android Auto™, Bluetooth® with voice control, audio & streaming, USB, AUX & 2x SD cart slot

No mention of multiple USB, so would say only the one (just like my Suberb)

Also, I would highly doubt that a "cargo liner" would be included as part of the vehicle.
    Maybe the dealer might "throw one in" to sweeten the deal.

For reference; ŠKODA Genuine Accessories - Plastic Boot Dish (Part No. 565 061 162) / Aluminium partition for the plastic boot dish (Part No. 565 017 254)

All this info is readily available via the ŠKODA Australia website.
    Not sure why your dealer cant confirm this info...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    He can't confirm it because he currently doesn't have a MY19 model in stock.
    If you look at the photos on the official website you see one with 2 ports in the center console, a few photos further there is a whole different layout pictured ...

MY19 models for other markets seem to offer a total of 3 USB ports (2 front, 1 rear). And one overseas review mentioned an included double sided cargo liner (carpet / rubber) which isn't available as an official accessory on the Australian page.

I also hav a look at a VW Tiguan Allspace Highline, but strangely enough I prefer the Skoda ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonos View Post
    He can't confirm it because he currently doesn't have a MY19 model in stock.
    If you look at the photos on the official website you see one with 2 ports in the center console, a few photos further there is a whole different layout pictured ...

MY19 models for other markets seem to offer a total of 3 USB ports (2 front, 1 rear). And one overseas review mentioned an included double sided cargo liner (carpet / rubber) which isn't available as an official accessory on the Australian page.

I also hav a look at a VW Tiguan Allspace Highline, but strangely enough I prefer the Skoda ...
    Your local ŠKODA sales person should have access to this info close to hand, or at the very least have access to the MY (Model Year) update sheet that displays the differences.

Are the amount of USB's really a deal breaker for you? Use the USB for Android Auto / Apple CarPlay if you wish or use to play a USB stick (music). Use an SD Card (x2) to play music, use the 12v socket with a twin USB to charge additional phones... The options are endless...

In the UK for example, a secondary USB can be optioned and is placed in the front armrest storage box.
    I wouldn't yard stick overseas market vehicles, there are always slight variations...

Maybe that is why the disclaimer in the Australian Brochure reads; Overseas model shown, local specification may vary.

For reference; ŠKODA Genuine Accessories - Double-sided boot mat - for cars with spare wheels (Part No. 565 061 163A). Just contact ŠKODA Parts Department and order, or order from any one of the vast overseas retails that sell ŠKODA parts / accessories...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Heya,

I had a quick look on car sales just to see if there was anything you can see from pictures..

2018 SKODA Kodiaq 132TSI Auto 4x4 MY19-OAG-AD-16725504

This one looks like it only has 1 in the front console but has the 12v port front and back. Can pick up the 12v to multiple USB outlets online or sometimes at phone shops.

Users Country Flag

Just picked up our MY19
    1 USB in the centre console next to the 12V
    - I've put a Belkin USB plug in that socket

There is another 12V in the back seat and (without going out to look) two more in the back - I think they want us to go camping
    NOW: 2018 MY19 Kodiaq Luxury and Tech Packs: 132kW Petrol 7DSG Sunroof and Ivory Leather
    HISTORY: 2012 Fabia RS (FOR SALE) ; 2013 Fabia RS (SOLD); 2015 Octavia RS 135TDI (SOLD)