Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launch edition or wait for RS

Users Country Flag

Launch edition or wait for RS

Looking at a Kodiaq for the wife to haul the kids around in. Im not sure if im better off pulling the trigger now on a launch edition or wait and see if there is a RS version ( same engine as octavia RS?) down the track. Option C could also be a 17 plate early next year at a discounted rate. Anyone here no if there is an RS version coming? I can wait.
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Option C will likely not exist. The current thoughts are that the limited stock here will all sell out and you'll be waiting a long while for a new build. Not much info on the RS, but in reality most of these will be sold in 2018, and the RS I would say if it even exists will be late next year or late 2019. So to be honest unless you are up for waiting a really long time, my bet would be to get the launch pack as it will likely never be that cheap again and get your name in the queue. Otherwise it could be a really long time before you get one.

The talk I heard of an RS version mentioned a 176kW bi turbo diesel... that would be worth waiting for... even if it can't tow ****.
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

The 176kW bi-turbo diesel will not make it to Australia. It's also available in the Tiguan overseas, however is not rated/suitable for hot weather climates which Australia falls into that category unfortunately...

The only engine that is confirmed is the 140TDI which will be here later in the year. I'm not sure we'll even get the 162TSI as I think the market for these in Europe is going to be mainly diesel and I doubt they'd spend the $ to put 162TSI in just for Aus.

I'm with woofy I think the launch pack is where the value lies for the early adopters otherwise you could be on a long(ish) wait list.
    Last edited by tigger73; 25-05-2017 at 01:16 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

The only extra versions on the horizon are a Sportline and Scout model. No RS version,

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    The 176kW bi-turbo diesel will not make it to Australia. It's also available in the Tiguan overseas, however is not rated/suitable for hot weather climates which Australia falls into that category unfortunately...
    I'd heard that before around here but subsequently read this...

Skoda Kodiaq RS:: Bi-turbo diesel flagship all-but confirmed

Seems to suggest otherwise.

Guess time will tell..
    2007 Golf 2.0 TDI Comfortline DSG/ESP
    MY15.5 Octavia RS Wagon 135TDI, Race Blue, 18" Black Pack, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Auto Tailgate, Panoramic Sunroof

Yes I'm pretty sure there's plans to put the 177kW TDI engine into the Kodiaq globally. However I suspect that it won't get here unless there's additional engineering done to make it suitable for hot weather climates.

The engine is available in the Tiguan and Passat in other countries, however neither of these models get brought here due to the restrictions VW put on it in terms of suitable climates. Unless this restriction gets relaxed I don't see it happening unfortunately.

I'm pretty certain all we'll see here is the 132TSI and 140TDI.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    if you want the lower compression 2Litre motor (like in the golf gti, base superb, octavia rs) in a kodiaq, maybe the best alternative is to wait for a tiguan allspace. it sounds like they'll do 162kw-engined highline, like they do in the regular tiguan. not 100% confirmed, but probably more certain than that engine going into the kodiaq.

i find the 132tsi in the kodiaq barely adequate.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    The Tiguan will be a lot more in price than the Kodiaq. The Kodiaq with the 177kw TDI sounded good, but highly unlikely it will come here.
    2018 Superb Sportline 206 Moon white sedan
    2018 Kodiaq Sportline moon white Diesel ( Wifes car)
    2016 Octavia wagon VRS Race Blue, black & tech pack (Sold 08/19)
    1966 Alfa Romeo Gulia Sprint gt 105

Users Country Flag

yeah, i've been doing the sums, with a few assumptions, and coming up with a guestimation of around $8-10k+ more for an equivalent LWB Tiguan (vs a specced-up kodiaq). i can't see myself paying over $60k for such a car.

I have since been reading a bunch of reviews (from owners in europe etc) and it sounds like they are very happy with the performance of the 132tsi. some are using words like 'powerhouse' etc.

the issue i have is that i have been driving my parents' supercharged V6 audi Q5 around for the last few weeks, and have started to get addicted to the responsiveness/insta-shove. i think i'll need to stop driving that car, wait a few weeks (get used to a 'normal' car again), then go back and test drive the kodiaq again - with realistic expectations.

i am also suspecting that a brand new car might have ecu-limited power during run in. anyone think there is some truth in this?

on paper, the 132tsi in the kodiaq should give similar performance to the 140tdi in my passat alltrack - which i am happy with (once i stop driving the Q5, that is)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast