Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodiaq - The new Skoda SUV

From the video, the 140TDI with 400Nm torque will be the one to get as the highest power petrol engine is the 132TSI.

Also the good thing about both the TDI engines is that they are matched to the high torque DQ500 7 speed DSG.

I'm not sure on how the smaller engines will go hauling around this size vehicle - especially when it gets loaded up with passengers/luggage.

edit: Just found the first "local" article here: 2017 Skoda Kodiaq seven-seat SUV revealed, Australian launch due next year
    Last edited by tigger73; 04-09-2016 at 11:16 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Yeah I thought the 162 engine used in the RS and Superb would be an obvious choice so was surprised they put the smaller one in. Although there has been rumours there might be an RS version so the more potent petrol again might make an appearance yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nickd View Post
    Can't believe they're not offering it with the 206kW TSI as in the Superb... 140kW strikes me as underpowered.. Particularly if they want it to go up against the Kluger..
    This might be for the rumoured RS version that might be still to come.

Have a look at the comprehensive video that was posted and towards the end they actually interview the Skoda head engine guy. He didn't give anything away regarding the bi-turbo diesel (not that we will get it here anyway) but said that the petrol/electric hybrid is not in the plans for the Kodiaq.

Whether there are plans to put any higher power petrol engines in he didn't say.

Though the 140kW diesel has decent torque and should pull along nicely, but I really suspect the engine choices are based on their largest market which is Europe. Having said that they also mentioned that Skoda may be about to launch in the US which may increase the engine options/offerings.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    If an RS Kodiaq is released (206+TSI), I'll buy 1. Preferably with 7 seats and in a manual .....

Skoda Superb RS, Kodiaq RS models under consideration
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

My plan has always been to get a Kodiaq to replace my diesel Santa Fe. If I got a sharper deal on my RS Octavia I would be getting one sooner, but will wait and see. I've heard that this is likely going to be made in an Asian countries for the US. Hopefully we get the CZ made versions....

Quote Originally Posted by nickd View Post
    Can't believe they're not offering it with the 206kW TSI as in the Superb... 140kW strikes me as underpowered.. Particularly if they want it to go up against the Kluger..
    I reckon the 140 diesel would haul it adequately - its only a tick over 1500kg. Kluger is nearly 500kg heavier (probably a little bigger)!!! (There's a 176 killerwasp VW diesel that would slot in nicely though!). The 7Spd DSGs make a big difference to how fast they feel too.

Users Country Flag
    Looks pretty decent for a kiddy hauler. Certainly would have to be a better alternative to a CX-9/Kluger etc.

But yet another SUV that will be found either at the nearest cafe or the school carpark.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Quote Originally Posted by aware View Post
    Looks pretty decent for a kiddy hauler. Certainly would have to be a better alternative to a CX-9/Kluger etc.

But yet another SUV that will be found either at the nearest cafe or the school carpark.
    That's what they are for? What other use would you like? Better than a 100+k landcruiser sitting there that never leaves the road.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    That's what they are for? What other use would you like? Better than a 100+k landcruiser sitting there that never leaves the road.
    Agreed on the Landcruiser point. Anything is better than a Landcruiser.

However what's the point of buying a tall 7 seater that is supposedly off road capable when they'll rarely carry 7 people (if they ever do), will never tow and certainly won't go off road. Caught up with a friend from uni (who's just bought a Tucson or whatever the smaller Hyundai SUV is) and she couldn't believe the space in the Octavia.

Naturally I understand why Skoda has made this - because it's what the consumer wants. I just happen to live in a part of Sydney where SUVs are mandatory for no reason other than because they can buy one and carry little Johnny to soccer.
    MY16 Octavia Scout 132TSI Premium - denim blue metallic, Tech pack, electric seats, panoramic roof, auto boot, roof racks, mud flaps and rubber mats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast