Thread: Diesel Skoda Orders Stopped

Users Country Flag

Diesel Skoda Orders Stopped

Was in a dealership in Sydney this morning who told me that Skoda Au are not taking orders for any new builds with diesel engines. The guy was a tool so I took it with a grain of salt and moved along....

Visited another dealer in the afternoon that confirmed it, and it's across the entire Skoda range. He didn't fully understand it but to do with the EU emissions standard changing next year.......AU spec cars.....avoiding price increases....so for the time being they've suspended diesel orders.

Interestingly though, spotted my first Karoq:

Diesel Skoda Orders Stopped-karoq-jpg
    Ben

Now ~ Kodiaq TDi & Fabia Monte Carlo
    Past ~ Octavia II vRS / Bora 4Motion Sport / Golf IV GTI Anni

Users Country Flag
    i believe its across the VAG range, not just Skoda.
    something to do with the new emmissions standards.

we're also going to get new petrol engines with particle filters.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

The last thing I need is petrol with PFs, noone wants to be doing city driving and dealing with clogged filters. People have been hanging out for the diesel Kodiaqs for so long it sucks all around.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by woofy View Post
    The last thing I need is petrol with PFs, noone wants to be doing city driving and dealing with clogged filters. People have been hanging out for the diesel Kodiaqs for so long it sucks all around.
    One thing to consider is that petrol engines do not emit soot like diesel. These filters will only collect particles (those that stick and make your exhaust look black) and it would take ages for them to get full. That would be my view on them. Mercedes has petrol particulate filters fitted to S500 from 2014 already. And what is to blame for this: petrol direct injection engines (FSI & TFSI). Trying to make engines more efficient seems always to come with headaches for owners. Older engines didn't have that problem.

2015 Tiguan 130TDI R-Line, Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Ok well that would be better then. My plan was to get a hybrid or fully electric Kodiaq in about 2 years time if they exist then, so diesel was probably already out of the picture if I think about it.