Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless Carplay dongle

Wireless Carplay dongle

Has anyone tried one of these?
    YouTube

It seems there are more dongles that work with Android phones than for Apple.

Keen to know if anyone has one, how it is going and where it was purchased.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    I like it. Hopefully it doesn’t require that pairing process each time, but good retrofit.

How much?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    I like it. Hopefully it doesn’t require that pairing process each time, but good retrofit.

How much?
    If you go to the link in the Youtube page it tells you
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    [Android 4.1+]Proxy/GateWay for Android Auto

I have this working on an old phone. Am going to try a an Android TV USB stick once I get hold of one.
    One thing to note is that I was only able to get it to work by installing the Alpha version on the slave device (old phone) and beta version on the master (new phone).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Has anyone tried one of these?
    YouTube

It seems there are more dongles that work with Android phones than for Apple.
    $245 + delivery...ouch
    This version seems similar price too - CPLAY2air wireless adapter for factory CarPlay on CARPLAY2air.com

None seem to support AA in wireless mode - still needs to be wired?
    Am I missing something?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    I bought the one from VW central for my 7.5 Golf R. I used double sided tape to attach it to the roof of the cubby in front of the gear selector.
    It works very well and is invisible.Attachment 53213

Users Country Flag
    They all appear to be the the same unit, rebranded. Reports seem to be mixed between "perfect" and "never works".

I have one that doesn't want to stay connected. When it works, it's magic and makes me consider spending the cash to upgrade the headunit to a native wireless carplay unit That could be my Pioneer head unit?? Or the device itself.

Anyone nearby in Melbourne is welcome to try it out and see if it works for them. Happy to let it go for $120 if it's going to work for someone else.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTD AYO View Post
    I bought the one from VW central for my 7.5 Golf R. I used double sided tape to attach it to the roof of the cubby in front of the gear selector.
    It works very well and is invisible.Attachment 53213
    Ive got the same one from VW Central and it works very well. Takes about 30 seconds to connect and then stays connected.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I have 2 of the carplay2air units. One was in my Passat, the other was in the a4. They work for streaming music, but phone calls end up with a huge delay. We ended up not using it in the a4, and I sold the Passat (and the Troc has native wireless CarPlay for the times I decide to use it).

if you’re just using it for music, they work well. Phone calls on the other hand….nup.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up

CarPlay Wireless USB Adapter Dongle For Factory Fitted Vehicles

I like where this tech is heading. Once they get the kinks out and make one that can work with both Android Auto and Apple Car Play with no lag in phone calls, this will be a winner
    Last edited by FastMitch; 07-08-2021 at 04:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast