Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window tinting - any recommendations?

Users Country Flag

Keen for some pics or advice on tinting the front windows to match the rear darkend glass. Would like to match the rears as best as I can.

Has anyone done tinting through Laurinda Car Detailing service? They use Suntek products.

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Black Wolfsburg with panoroof ordered in Oct arriving Jan (now Feb) thanks to naughty Stink bugs
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Doing a quick search in Google, I found this place: Sydney City Solartint at Banksmeadow in Sydney.
    They have 110 Google reviews and 109 people gave 5 stars, 1 gave 4 stars. Has anyone had any business with them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearman View Post
    I got mine done by this bloke - he痴 very professional with good quality tints. There痴 a reason why he has so many positive reviews

I'm another happy customer of Sydney City Solartint. Kenny is very knowledgeable, he's quite passionate about his work and keeps up to date with what's going on in the tinting world. He's more than happy to talk about all things tinting and cars.
    I got the Premium IR Nano Coated tint on the front windows, and the Premium IR Clear Nano Coated tint on the back and rear windows (due to the privacy glass).

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    I'm another happy customer of Sydney City Solartint. Kenny is very knowledgeable, he's quite passionate about his work and keeps up to date with what's going on in the tinting world. He's more than happy to talk about all things tinting and cars.
    I got the Premium IR Nano Coated tint on the front windows, and the Premium IR Clear Nano Coated tint on the back and rear windows (due to the privacy glass).
    Beedub,

Can you advise what the cost is and also did they also tint the quarter window in the front?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Black Wolfsburg with panoroof ordered in Oct arriving Jan (now Feb) thanks to naughty Stink bugs

Users Country Flag
    Hi Orpheus2k, it was $695, and the quarter window on the front doors was done without being asked.
    From what I've read it's only the dealer applied tinters that seem to struggle with that, hence why it pays to go to a professional.

You can request a quote and specify what you want or tick the box for "I have no idea" and Renee, Kenny's wife, will call you to discuss.
    https://www.sydneycitysolartint.com....indow-tinting/

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    Hi Orpheus2k, it was $695, and the quarter window on the front doors was done without being asked.
    From what I've read it's only the dealer applied tinters that seem to struggle with that, hence why it pays to go to a professional.

You can request a quote and specify what you want or tick the box for "I have no idea" and Renee, Kenny's wife, will call you to discuss.
    Car Window Tinting Sydney | Sydney City Solartint
    Awesome thanks Beedub!

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Window tinting - any recommendations?

Anyone planning to tint the sunroof to prevent heat or glare from getting in?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Last edited by Orpheus2k; 07-02-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post
    Anyone planning to tint the sunroof to prevent and heat or glare from getting in?

————————————————————
    ‘I am, just got to find someone in Adelaide that can do a good job

Quote Originally Posted by jdstephens View Post
    選 am, just got to find someone in Adelaide that can do a good job
    Solartint is in Adelaide and they normally do a great job?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post
    Solartint is in Adelaide and they normally do a great job?

覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Did live in Adelaide and they did a pretty solid job, but depends which guy came out as they tend to be franchise run. So could be a different guy each time depending on territory

Now live in Sydney and these guys are pretty good window tinting in liverpool

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12