Thread: Retrofitting Wireless Charging in Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Retrofitting Wireless Charging in Tiguan

Hi guys, I bought my Tiguan 162 TSI Rline in 2017. I've noticed a few things, firstly 2018 onwards the rear wiper arm design was changed and therefore rear wipers for the Tiguan from 2018/19 onwards are different making it quite hard for us to find aftermarket replacement wipers for the 2017 model.

The second thing I noticed is the introduction of a QI or Wireless charging pad for phones. I was wondering if anyone knows if this can be retrofitted to the MK2 2017 Tiguan? I'd love to have this feature!

Cheers guys!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Hi guys, I bought my Tiguan 162 TSI Rline in 2017. I've noticed a few things, firstly 2018 onwards the rear wiper arm design was changed and therefore rear wipers for the Tiguan from 2018/19 onwards are different making it quite hard for us to find aftermarket replacement wipers for the 2017 model.

The second thing I noticed is the introduction of a QI or Wireless charging pad for phones. I was wondering if anyone knows if this can be retrofitted to the MK2 2017 Tiguan? I'd love to have this feature!

Cheers guys!
    Wireless chargers are available on Chinese sites but usually are for LHD models and vary from$40 to $140 Might be ok until you chuck something metallic onto them by mistake (Maybe )

Also most just have a USB plug so arent the tidiest install
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah I have seen those, hardly any for RHD market. I also dont want to lose my usb port for android auto either though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I have seen those, hardly any for RHD market. I also dont want to lose my usb port for android auto either though

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Can buy one of these Baseus Dual USB Car Charger 5A Fast Charing 2 Port USB 12 24V Car Cigarette Socket Lighter For Car USB Charger Power Adapter|Power Adapter| - AliExpress

Users Country Flag
    I got my wife one of those and it charges her S20 much faster than the car's USB port.

For wireless charging, there are mats on AliExpress that are very thin and could be used with one of the cigarette lighter chargers.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone
    Ben

2015 Polo GTI & 2019 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BenT View Post
    I got my wife one of those and it charges her S20 much faster than the car's USB port.

For wireless charging, there are mats on AliExpress that are very thin and could be used with one of the cigarette lighter chargers.

Ben
    Now: ‘19 VW Golf R, ‘15 Polo GTI
    Before: ‘06 RenaultSport Megane 225 Cup, ‘14 VW Polo GTI, ‘12 VW Golf GTI, ‘06 VW Golf GTI, ‘05 VW Golf Sportline, ‘01 Holden Astra SRi, ‘00 Nissan Pulsar SSS, ‘99 Holden Astra CD, ‘98 Nissan Pulsar SLX, ‘91 Nissan Pulsar GL with Q engine swap, ‘80 Subaru Leone

Like this one

2RD quick Special on board wireless phone charging panel Car Accessories For 2017 2018 Volkswagen VW Tiguan MK2 AD1| | - AliExpress

Users Country Flag
    I have just received this one and it fits ok and works fine even with my S6 which doesnt fast charge. Timed it against using a wall charger and both charge at 1.25% a minute. Enough space behind it to fold cable up and plug it in a USB thats in the CIGGY socket as it turns off with ign and other USB slots are live all the time.

Cost about $20 landed here

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Retrofitting Wireless Charging in Tiguan-20201210_115649[1]-jpg  
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 10-12-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I have just received this one and it fits ok and works fine even with my S6 which doesnt fast charge. Timed it against using a wall charger and both charge at 1.25% a minute. Enough space behind it to fold cable up and plug it in a USB thats in the CIGGY socket as it turns off with ign and other USB slots are live all the time.

Cost about $20 landed here

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
    Looks good, can you still use it to place keys etc? I dropped the idea completely when i thought about not being able to put keys or a garage door remote in there. That and of course Android auto doesn't work via Bluetooth!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Looks good, can you still use it to place keys etc? I dropped the idea completely when i thought about not being able to put keys or a garage door remote in there. That and of course Android auto doesn't work via Bluetooth!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Read the Ad tells you what to do and I wouldnt put keys or cards anywhere near it.. I dont use AA and remote is taped to inside of pocket on drivers door so never leaves the car. You can put keys etc in centre console between the seats