Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?

In my case, it’s somehow ruin my dynamic light assist system via obdeleven. Now the lights aren’t calibrated correctly and the ‘beam shaping’ component is all over the place and it looks like the lights are aimed to far to the side in general.

When on back roads and doing under 95kph, mostly fine, when on a 100+ multi lane road, the right light refuses to go onto auto-highbeam- never mind beam form mode.

When they do their startup routine, all seems well though! Gah!

Painted the lower trims with Forever Black last night:

What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-img_0452-jpg

What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-img_0460-jpg

I'm 90% happy with the result. There's some streaks in it which I'll have to fix up but that comes from putting the second coat on in the half-dark. It still is a different colour/texture to the body panels (to be expected) but it does blend in a lot better than the grey plastic.

It's easy to apply and simple to clean up any paint that has touched a body panel/silver trim with a wet cloth.

In comparison to plasti-dip which I've used before the Forever Black is a little harder to get an even finish (due to brush applicator rather than spray), however I think the finish is better and certainly less "rubbery". Time will tell how it stands up.
    Last edited by tigger73; 03-01-2019 at 10:32 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I bought the Racingline R600 intake in the Harding Performance Xmas sale (10% off hardware). It's available from either the Harding Performance website:Racingline R600 Cold Air Intake - GTI/R, S3, VRS - Harding Performance

Alternatively you can purchase it off their ebay store here: Racingline R600 Cold Air Intake - GTI/R, S3, VRS | eBay

I bought it from the ebay store and got the additional 5% discount (P5OFF discount code).
    Hi Tigger. Looks like the goods. Hope you can post info when the install complete on the Racingline intake - pics and feedback. Interested to know how good it is on an otherwise stock 162 and what the go is with filter element maintenance / replacement.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Seemingly have fixed the headlight issue today

Also have it covered in too many bugs, due to the calm and hot evening while testing my changes. Only washed it yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by timholder57 View Post
    Hi Tigger. Looks like the goods. Hope you can post info when the install complete on the Racingline intake - pics and feedback. Interested to know how good it is on an otherwise stock 162 and what the go is with filter element maintenance / replacement.
    Yes sure I'll post up once it gets installed. Unfortunately the intake didn't get shipped out before HP closed for Xmas. It's only going to get dispatched once they come back on the 14th Jan. So will have to wait a few more weeks yet.

I purchase the R600 intake because it's relatively quiet and discreet under the hood and because it allows higher air flow rates than stock.

It really depends what you're looking to achieve. The stock intake with snow-grate delete is good for stage 2 power output.

The only other reason to change the intake is if you want more induction noise. If that's your goal then there are other intakes on the market that will be better suited.

Or if you wanted under-bonnet bling there's some nice carbon intakes like Eventuri.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Thanks Tigger. I will watch this space. Curious more than anything after doing some airbox mods / K&N filters on previous rides. Main objective was a minor improvement in performance with a very mild induction noise a bonus. Sounds like a snow grate removal only for me for now, with an eye on what I might consider down the track.

Quote Originally Posted by timholder57 View Post
    Thanks Tigger. I will watch this space. Curious more than anything after doing some airbox mods / K&N filters on previous rides. Main objective was a minor improvement in performance with a very mild induction noise a bonus. Sounds like a snow grate removal only for me for now, with an eye on what I might consider down the track.

That’s all I have done so far also, snow grate removal and resonator delete. Talking to APR they have an airbox that looks close to OEM for $699 installed and will most likely go with that. Tiggers airbox looks the goods, it’s most likely similar to what APR are offering.

I hope you didn't actually go buy and install those caliper covers.

Imagine flying down a highway and they dislodge and go between your spokes and caliper, what's going to happen?

I'm all good for aesthetic mods, but caliper covers are ridiculous and also dangerous.

These are classy cars, not Honda Civics.

No. I did not buy them. I was looking for options but have similar same concerns, however these seem to be a good quality. These are aluminium secuely mounted. But for all thie hassle and worry, I will just leave them as they are.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Tapatalk

Might as well post here too lol...

OEM VW Weathersheilds Part No: 5NA072193HU3
    Funny enough, in the brochure you see front and rear, but there's no part number for the rear LOL

What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-weather-02-jpgWhat have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-weather-01-jpg

OEM VW Sill Plate Part No: 5NA061195A

What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-sil-01-jpgWhat have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-sil-02-jpgWhat have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-sil-03-jpg
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast