Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 216

Thread: What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    629
    Users Country Flag

    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Wow that is a massive improvement! So tempted....
    Go on....do it!
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    2
    Users Country Flag
    I recently changed wheels and today I made up some centre caps to suit them from ebay listings. Not quite as nice as the OEM ones, but they unfortunately do not come in a tight fit 60mm size.

    Attachment 50932

    Attachment 50933

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Act
    Posts
    81
    Users Country Flag
    OBD11 arrived pro. Now have:

    - traffic sign recognition displayed (why is this not standard?)
    - disabled the sat nav safety message that does not switch itself off (improved safety as not switching the message off while driving)
    - disabled the overtaking on right prevention.
    - 30 colours to choose for dash highlights (red dash highlights means it goes faster right??)
    - rear lights on when the tailgate is opened.

    Also learnt the OBD11 app to turn on the traffic sign recognition does not work on my model, so undid it and also learned how to clear the faults it caused.

    Can also see the fault impacting my drivers seat but won't reset that (it does not remember settings correctly/do the courtesy movement correctly) - have to book in for warranty check for that.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,894
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauend View Post
    OBD11 arrived pro. Now have:

    - traffic sign recognition displayed (why is this not standard?)
    - disabled the sat nav safety message that does not switch itself off (improved safety as not switching the message off while driving)
    - disabled the overtaking on right prevention.
    - 30 colours to choose for dash highlights (red dash highlights means it goes faster right??)
    - rear lights on when the tailgate is opened.

    Also learnt the OBD11 app to turn on the traffic sign recognition does not work on my model, so undid it and also learned how to clear the faults it caused.

    Can also see the fault impacting my drivers seat but won't reset that (it does not remember settings correctly/do the courtesy movement correctly) - have to book in for warranty check for that.
    Reason for 1 is because our maps dont have required data to work properly

    It should be able to be done if you go back in the thread and find Phonebooths instructions

    5 is a good way to run your battery flat Dont ask how I found that out

    Drivers seat wont go back as you get out if battery is down a bit It is set as per the manual and can be a bit finickity at times.

    My Passat did that and they wanted $1300 to fix it I charged the battery and cleared the faults and it worked again

    Tiguan did it on Thursday Went for a run for an hour and it works again
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    464
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauend View Post
    OBD11 arrived pro. Now have:

    - traffic sign recognition displayed (why is this not standard?)

    Also learnt the OBD11 app to turn on the traffic sign recognition does not work on my model, so undid it and also learned how to clear the faults it caused.
    Which model do you have that the traffic sign recognition does not work ?

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,894
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Which model do you have that the traffic sign recognition does not work ?
    Usual reason is either tried to do it via an app which doesnt work or failed to follow the detailed instructions provided on here Here are the detailed instructions for DLA (Courtesy Phonebooth) and traffic sign recognition
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-road-sign-settings-jpg   What have you done to your Gen2 Tiguan today?-dla-settings-jpg  

    Last edited by Hillbilly; 15-11-2020 at 09:56 PM.
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Act
    Posts
    81
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Which model do you have that the traffic sign recognition does not work ?
    Got the 2020. The obd11 app did not work, but long coding did.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Act
    Posts
    81
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Reason for 1 is because our maps dont have required data to work properly

    It should be able to be done if you go back in the thread and find Phonebooths instructions

    5 is a good way to run your battery flat Dont ask how I found that out

    Drivers seat wont go back as you get out if battery is down a bit It is set as per the manual and can be a bit finickity at times.

    My Passat did that and they wanted $1300 to fix it I charged the battery and cleared the faults and it worked again

    Tiguan did it on Thursday Went for a run for an hour and it works again
    Thank Hillbilly, thanks for the info about the battery with 5. Didn’t think it was worth it and you’ve confirmed!
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pacific Paradise QLD
    Posts
    5,894
    Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nauend View Post
    Thank Hillbilly, thanks for the info about the battery with 5. Didn’t think it was worth it and you’ve confirmed!
    If you want to have fancy rears Turn them on with DRL's and also can turn them on with turn indicators Look quite different I have posted the instructions for DLA and Tfc signs
    2019 Tiguan 162 R line with DAP & Sound & Vision .White
    Front Dash cam Blackvue 750S and Rear Blackvue DR450GW-HD Dash Cam.
    2010 Polo 77TSI Flash Red, for shopping basket with Blackvue 750S dashcam.

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    28
    Users Country Flag

    Had a search for wireless charging and apple carplay options here in Australia. Seems some US models has wireless charging, does anyone know its its possible for us here?

    Also, has anyone got their dealer to allow traffic sign recognition in their 2020? Thanks

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
| |