Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?

Lightbulb RGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?

Anybody tried these 3rd party door, dashboard, puddle LED COLOUR [color] light kits???

I don't have them and I'm not promoting them. I have 2017-2018 Tiguan MK2 with WHITE door / dashboard LED & really want RGB Colour.
    I contacted seller they said it's only for LHD left hand drive cars (Dashboard piece) but the Door pieces should work.
    But will look weird to have dash colour different to doors.

I'm considering it but asking seller more questions about the installation process. it requires Coding.

Dashboard monochrome multi color ambient light four door ambient light for VW Tiguan MK2 multi color ambient light|Decorative Lamp| - AliExpress
    Dashboard ambient light four door monochromatic multi color ambient light suitable for VW Tiguan MK2 multi color ambient light|Decorative Lamp| - AliExpress

RGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-hbf2ecd9752fa485f81d0a56e82a9a64b0-jpgRGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-hc50fe4d85af14d5c83b20bfea78d3050o-jpgRGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-h02e1077517094c578684ae9e631b3bc0d-jpgRGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-screenshot_4-jpgRGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-screenshot_3-jpgRGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-screenshot_2-jpgRGB Colour Ambient Light Dashboard / Door - Aliexpress 3rd party?-screenshot_1-jpg

Users Country Flag
    A lot of money for lights that would only be on when you open the doors. Would be so much glare inside you would have reflection problems if you have them on when driving
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hey bro. I already have the door lights (white led).
    They are always on when driving not just when opening doors. Maybe my car is different?

I would not install the passenger dashboard light personally to avoid glare issue.

So I am personally interested to get the colours unlocked for the door lights as it's a nice feature to have especially since always on.

I've contacted all the sellers and they are replying but their replies are very unhelpful so far and just saying "find installation shop" and "yes coding needed"

I am asking them for instruction guide and will post it here if I get it.

If anyone has installed these please advise

Made a little progress. It *seems* that if car has door light LED already. Maybe we just need a custom module & wiring harness to send colour signal to the existing door led.

The seller recommended me these 3 parts:
    4M0 947 355 Car Door Panel LED Atmosphere Lights Dashboard multicolor atmosphere Lamp holder for Audi A6 A7 Q7 Q8|Interior Door Panels & Parts| - AliExpress
    Multi color ambient light Color changing module Color wheel adjustment Suitable for VW MQB Passat B8 Golf 7 CC Jetta Tiguan|Performance Chips| - AliExpress
    Suitable for golf 7 MK7 7.5 multi color ambient light connecting wire harness|Fuses| - AliExpress

1 is a module, another is some cable that says dashboard so not 100% sure but seems to be in the middle of them.
    The 3rd is wiring harness which I assume goes to 4 doors.

I am asking for more information. will update again here

Users Country Flag
    As I understand the white LEDS have only 2 wires to them for a single colour and multicolour ones have 3 wires, So you cant make white ones different.
    Just buy a Japanese Ricer with underneath flashing lights and all

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
    Made a little progress. It *seems* that if car has door light LED already. Maybe we just need a custom module & wiring harness to send colour signal to the existing door led.

The seller recommended me these 3 parts:
    4M0 947 355 Car Door Panel LED Atmosphere Lights Dashboard multicolor atmosphere Lamp holder for Audi A6 A7 Q7 Q8|Interior Door Panels & Parts| - AliExpress
    Multi color ambient light Color changing module Color wheel adjustment Suitable for VW MQB Passat B8 Golf 7 CC Jetta Tiguan|Performance Chips| - AliExpress
    Suitable for golf 7 MK7 7.5 multi color ambient light connecting wire harness|Fuses| - AliExpress

1 is a module, another is some cable that says dashboard so not 100% sure but seems to be in the middle of them.
    The 3rd is wiring harness which I assume goes to 4 doors.

I am asking for more information. will update again here
    Am interested in what you find. Already have the dash colour changes going, and change it up every few months. A simple change that extends this to the doors would be cool.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

By dash do you mean media display and speedometer? I have this too.

@Hillbilly do you know if changing just the wiring harness would be sufficient to colorize the oem white led lights?

I would GUESS they may work but don't know if VW had 2 separate part numbers for white only vs colour.

A friend had mk6/7 gTI which was red on doors and I dont remember him having any colour changing option.

Hence my guess that maybe only wiring is needed?

Trying to get this info from the sellers.

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    AFAIK the white ones have 2 wires to them and the colour changing ones have 3 so you would need to change the whole thing.

Seems a lot of stuffing around for SFA as mine are only on when I open a door anyway. The less light inside a car the better when you are driving.
    EG put the interior light on and see how hard it is to see through the reflections on your screen

Yeah this parts very unclear.
    I will start searching for a VW parts diagram for Tiguan and see what I can get.

Do you know if 2021/2022 Tiguan have multi colour door lights?
    Otherwise which cars do have these as option ARTEON? Passat?

Just want to find part diagrams & compare the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjoez View Post
    Yeah this parts very unclear.
    I will start searching for a VW parts diagram for Tiguan and see what I can get.

Do you know if 2021/2022 Tiguan have multi colour door lights?

Just want to find part diagrams & compare the differences.
    The 2021 and 2022 Tiguan Elegance and R-line models have the 30 colour interior lighting.

I have our 147TDI Elegance set to one of the blue colours currently.
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast