Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?

Users Country Flag

Slim, remove the plate holder.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post
    I have the same dilemma with my car coming soon. I’m getting a black Wolfsburg so it’s all blacked out. Two options:

1. I like the white on black plates but the front plate is very small so the plate base will show (although it’s a black colour so should blend with the car)

2. Otherwise for a bigger sized plate I have to get the euro style

Thoughts?
    If you have a custom plate i thnk the white on black and remove the plate holder

otherwise euro in either slim with removed plate holder or full size

did you negotiate this with the dealer already? Euro plate will cost more and if you havent included this in your contract you could be up for a few hundred dollars
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Slim, remove the plate holder.
    Dutch, if I remove the plate holder will there be holes in the bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Users Country Flag
    Yep - but easily hidden using the plug/cap method per page 1.

A lot cleaner than having the holder there, albeit maybe less of an issue on a chunkier SUV than on the sportier/sleeker Golfs/Polos/Rocs etc., and a lot cheaper than organising a fill and spray job. If you were unlucky enough to have an 'incident' on the front you could always "kill two birds with one stone" though.

Of course if you prefer the big Euro up front (and see same point as above) then obviously not an issue. On a black car, the states that permit a black and gold Euro like you have displayed, looks pretty reasonable as well.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    If you have a custom plate i thnk the white on black and remove the plate holder

otherwise euro in either slim with removed plate holder or full size

did you negotiate this with the dealer already? Euro plate will cost more and if you havent included this in your contract you could be up for a few hundred dollars
    Told my dealer to install standard plates (cheaper cost than premium). I will then order my custom plate ( haven’t decided on the name or style yet) and will see if the dealer can change them over for me. Also the dealer would install the plate protector as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Users Country Flag
    Yep, that is exactly what I've done on the last few cars.

There isn't much point "negotiating" a particular plate into the deal as they are a fixed cost regardless, so you'll always be paying for it regardless. If you're still undecided, rock the standard plate and replace later. Main thing is to make sure you don't end up with drill holes where you don't want them later.

My dealers have been happy to play around with plates/holders. I stick to things I am ok at, rather than screw them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Main thing is to make sure you don't end up with drill holes where you don't want them later.

My dealers have been happy to play around with plates/holders. I stick to things I am ok at, rather than screw them up.
    My dealer managed to leave extra holes in my euro plates. Wasn't happy but they agreed to reimburse the expense of a replacement.

Users Country Flag
    The number plate is a better match than the photo suggests - it goes a funny colour under flash

What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?-img_3914-jpg

I'd love to get rid of that black crap at the edges but I'm not sure what I'll find underneath
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    The number plate is a better match than the photo suggests - it goes a funny colour under flash

What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?-img_3914-jpg

I'd love to get rid of that black crap at the edges but I'm not sure what I'll find underneath
    Paint. And some glue.

Many have successfully removed the offending black stuff. Go for it. It looks horrible otherwise.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    My dealer must’ve done it as part of the detailing. Surprising as the detailing was otherwise pretty ordinary.
    Maybe you can ask your dealer to remove it if you haven’t had it long?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast