Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Rline Storm Trooper
    I’m guessing white R-Line then?

There were some black stormtroopers (management).

We have a white R-Line and went with the black background Euro plate. Large front and rear. They look great.

Wife has car until lunchtime but I’ll post a pic when she gets home.

Here’s the original small euro plate.

Replaced at the dealers expense with what we asked for. Full sized.

And the rear.

Users Country Flag
    Looks great IsDon.
    I’ve seen plenty where the standard rear plate has about 3cm of what looks like black foam pad stuck to the boot extending either side of the plate (the size of a euro plate). I assume anti vibration tape or similar. Presumably some dealers clean this off while others leave it sticking out. It looks pretty shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Looks great IsDon.
    I’ve seen plenty where the standard rear plate has about 3cm of what looks like black foam pad stuck to the boot extending either side of the plate (the size of a euro plate). I assume anti vibration tape or similar. Presumably some dealers clean this off while others leave it sticking out. It looks pretty shabby.
    The black foam is still under the rear plate. You won’t have to remove it with the euro plate as it’s designed to fit under it.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by IsDon View Post
    Replaced at the dealers expense with what we asked for. Full sized.

And the rear.

Looks Schmick

Wonder if Black letters on white background blends in more ...

Cheers mate

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Looks great IsDon.
    i had black foam sticking out under my black euro plate.

at first it appeared the dealer installed the plate too high however i realised it had to be slightly higher due to the alignment of the plate factory plate holes. if the dealer fitted it to the holes they would have had to drill into the lettering rather than the empty black space

was easy enough to trim the foam away.

I have the slim euro front and personally prefer it. I will be keen to remove the VW plate holder and purchase the bumper plugs though

It's pleasantly surprising this is "a thing" for others. I was having these discussions with my wife prior to delivery and she would just shake her head wondering why I cared haha
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    I have the slim euro front and personally prefer it. I will be keen to remove the VW plate holder and purchase the bumper plugs though
    Agreed; the 'cheat' method of some screw caps and a bit of spray paint is cheaper - see tigger73's Roc for a good example.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Agreed; the 'cheat' method of some screw caps and a bit of spray paint is cheaper - see tigger73's Roc for a good example.
    didnt realise those were just stickers! now to find some body coloured spray paint
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    I've read one too many stories of people forking out for 'plugs' only to have them not fit correctly.

Even a Super Cheap that offers spray paint will do up a can for $20 or so from memory.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

I have the same dilemma with my car coming soon. I’m getting a black Wolfsburg so it’s all blacked out. Two options:

1. I like the white on black plates but the front plate is very small so the plate base will show (although it’s a black colour so should blend with the car)

2. Otherwise for a bigger sized plate I have to get the euro style

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast