Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?

Users Country Flag

save the $400 and get some stickers and paint
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Quote Originally Posted by vw1988 View Post
    Loving the look of the black Euro plates on mine. Will eventually get the front plate swapped for the larger size but the dealer reckoned they could only supply the smaller one and I don't particularly want to pay an extra $400 for it right now.
    I don't mind the slimline plate up front. Just remove the large Euro plate older and it'll look neat and tidy.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Personally the large front Euro plate is too big and the slimline plate is too tiny. And there’s no in between so it’s large size as it’s less hassle to change

————————————————————
    Black Wolfsburg with panoroof arrived late Feb 2019. Yes, it’s a wicked colour & well worth the wait.....What is the best style of number plate for the Tiguan ?
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Hi All,

Soon will be picking up Pyrite Silver Tiguan Allspace and thinking of ordering slimline custom plates (white on black).

Being in Victoria, slimline 4 letter number plates are sized 250mm wide x 100mm height. After some opinions if these would work well front and back for the allspace?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
    Nish

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nishgoel View Post
    Hi All,

Soon will be picking up Pyrite Silver Tiguan Allspace and thinking of ordering slimline custom plates (white on black).

Being in Victoria, slimline 4 letter number plates are sized 250mm wide x 100mm height. After some opinions if these would work well front and back for the allspace?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
    Nish
    It obviously all comes down to personal opinion, but as someone with the 3 letter 3 number Vic slimline plates front and back, it’s too small. Especially with the plastic mount sitting proud behind it.

Large Euro plates have the best proportions front and back if you ask me. The large rectangular shape helps emphasise the aggressive styling.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, the black plastic mount at front worries me. Perhaps I would go regular size front and slimline at the back.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nishgoel View Post
    Thanks for your comment. Yes, the black plastic mount at front worries me. Perhaps I would go regular size front and slimline at the back.
    Nice one.

If you take a gander through this thread, there’s a few people who’ve removed the mount and capped the holes. Go for the look you like, the rest can be figured out!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    Another positive review from me on Lakin plates. I purchased the undrilled euro plates, and used a drill press (measure thrice) to punch out the main holes, and then large sized bits to countersinkAttachment 51089
    attachments don't seem to be working.
    how long was the lead time on the lakin mount? did you have to provide measurements or had he already done something for euro plates on a tig?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    very clean! looks great

Users Country Flag

I do regret not getting the euro plates on mine
    Everytime I see a Tig with them, I kick myself, but now can’t get myself to upgrade given I may change out in the next 12-18 mths
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast