Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Washer Fluids

Washer Fluids

So just 6 months & 6~7000km into my Tiguan now, I started receiving the "Low Washer Fluid" warning on Monday, which is much quicker then I had anticipated as with my previous car took nearly 2 years for the washer fluid to be used up. Maybe I've been using it a lot recently since a lot of dirt has been covering my car during work, or I question if the dealer even topped the fluids up when I picked the car up after 1000km service.. but all that aside,

What brand does the VW group use for washer fluid? or anyone has good recommendations?

I'm currently looking into this as its selling for a cheap price here
    Bluecol 3in1 Summer | Auto Express

Users Country Flag
    VW have their own genuine fluid.

I just buy the no-name stuff in bulk from Supercheap. Does the job just fine.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I used the genuine stuff when mine did the same thing at about 7,000kms - just dropped into the local vw service and picked up a bottle which you dilute. Think it was $10 or something for the 1litre bottle.

Users Country Flag
    The Genuine stuff gets diluted 1:4, so you get 5L out of one bottle. I actually have a designated 5L bottle (plastic fuel container with a spout) that I use to mix it up then top up both cars as needed.

For the Cabriolet it's probably less important since the lines only have to run to the front windscreen but for the Multivan they run all the way to the back so I always ran the genuine stuff to ensure if it ever gummed up/broke it would be warranty vs any discussion over the fluid.... but then I sort of just stayed in that habit even after warranty and still use it... I like it. It smells nice

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Genuine retails around $5, as long as you dilute it as mentioned above
    Last edited by GeorgeMK1; 14-09-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    - Orange Golf mk1 LS, 1.8 5speed, 32/36 - sold
    - Golf mk1 Swallowtail rebuild, completely stripped
    - Brown U.S import 81 cabby
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Users Country Flag
    thats also a reason i used the genuine stuff - to avoid an argument if i ever got a blocked nozzle/line

Users Country Flag
    I usually need to refill the washer bottle weekly! Lol
    That said I have noticed that the headlamp washers use up a lot of fluid. Our old X5 had the biggest washer bottle I've ever seen and it would last a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 VW Tiguan 140TDI Highline
    2012 VW Touareg V6 TDI
    1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SE

Users Country Flag
    It's a bit of a shame they don't sell it in larger bottles. I used to just ask for a few every time I had the card serviced (when it was under a lease) so the costs would disappear into the servicing costs. I was building up a little stock pile which has seen me through the last couple of years post lease, although I'm down to my last couple of bottles at the moment.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Washer Fluids

Do you guys put VW air in the tyres too?

One born every minute.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    It's a bit of a shame they don't sell it in larger bottles.
    Hey Hawk, I went and got a bottle off the shelf to read the instructions and it says its a concentrate of 1:100, the bottle being a 250ml.

Also, it has a little reservoir at the top of the bottle, that's used as a measuring device. So one small dose, will make up the entire fill container! So not sure why folks are running out so quick, perhaps it is being mixed incorrectly? I fill mine up once every few months and don't have any issues, however admittedly I don't have headlamp washers

Part# for reference is G 055 184 A1
    - Orange Golf mk1 LS, 1.8 5speed, 32/36 - sold
    - Golf mk1 Swallowtail rebuild, completely stripped
    - Brown U.S import 81 cabby
    - 88 Honda crx b18cr

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast