Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VW Tiguan - How To Guides

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    No we don't (unfortunately)

The USA keys are thinner and lighter than ours. They have a plastic emergency key which you pull out (another video)

We have a useless 'pop-out' key that adds weight and bulk to the key and if in a bag easily triggers the key to 'pop-open'
    That's a shame! Yeah I noticed the key pop out the other day. Annoying.

I wonder if it's possible to code it to another key combination eg hold lock and unlock or whether the 'module' is not installed. That's another topic though.

Thanks for your helpful post.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    That's a shame! Yeah I noticed the key pop out the other day. Annoying.

I wonder if it's possible to code it to another key combination eg hold lock and unlock or whether the 'module' is not installed. That's another topic though.

Thanks for your helpful post.
    Our key is not that bad The Polo one is the same and cant say its ever opened when in a bag or in my pocket with us
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    8 vag cars in family 6 drivers, none in 12 years ever complained about the key.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Our key is not that bad The Polo one is the same and cant say its ever opened when in a bag or in my pocket with us
    The key isn't *that* annoying, it's just not as good as those overseas with no pop out key. Why would they design a pop out key that rarely (if ever) needs to pop out?

Users Country Flag
    The key isn't *that* annoying, it's just not as good as those overseas with no pop out key. Why would they design a pop out key that rarely (if ever) needs to pop out?
    Hardly a problem Put a rubber band around it if it bothers you
    The USA keys also have remote start and ours dont as its illegal in AUS to have a n engine running if car is not attended. Owners of diesels with turbo timers beware. Will be handy the day you need it.

Actually the remote start isn’t illegal here. Vf commodores had it and I’m fairly sure several USA cars and luxury euro’s do too.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Actually the remote start isn’t illegal here. Vf commodores had it and I’m fairly sure several USA cars and luxury euro’s do too.
    Agreed.

Most states and territories (to my knowledge) have an infringement for being more than 3 metres away from a running vehicle, and a separate one for leaving the key in the vehicle and being more than 3 metres away.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post

"The law states once you park your vehicle on a road or car park, drivers must apply the parking brake effectively, switch off the engine if you are going to be more than 3m away from the vehicle.

"The keys must also be removed from the ignition."

As well as doors, windows must also be secured when a driver is more than three metres from a vehicle.

If you walked up to it start it and get in would be hard for them to book you but if you started it and stood away and talked you could be in trouble

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Agreed.

Most states and territories (to my knowledge) have an infringement for being more than 3 metres away from a running vehicle, and a separate one for leaving the key in the vehicle and being more than 3 metres away.
    Looks like the legislation varies from state to state. Victoria mentions the vehicle actually running whereas NSW only mentions removing the keys from the ignition, which obviously isn't applicable to keyless remote start.

I can now see why VW didn't bother with the remote start in AU. Probably to avoid legal troubles, even though Holden and other manufacturers offer it.

Users Country Flag

Looks like the legislation varies from state to state. <snip>
    yep, as is the case with all traffic regulation - there are no federal traffic laws, only state and territory. Some rules are the same, but most differ in subtle ways.

<snip>
    I can now see why VW didn't bother with the remote start in AU. Probably to avoid legal troubles, even though Holden and other manufacturers offer it.
    Remote start is a peculiarly Canadian and (mostly northern) US feature. Holden only offered it because it was included for US-spec Pontiac vehicles that Holden built for export - it cost them literally nothing to offer it locally.
    Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast