Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VW Tiguan 5 Year Care Plan - Is it worth it ?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Do you have 3rd party roadside assist ?
    Nope never bothered and never needed it in the 18 years Ive been here My Passat and Polo had a free year of it that we never used Probably got the same with the Tig I dont really know
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I received the full break down over 5 years for the VW Private Mechanic and it costs more than VW Dealership with the 5 Year Care Plan.

Additionally, having roadside assist is good for me if I get a Tyre puncture, flat battery, run out of petrol or the car breaks down 100 -300 km out of the city.

Users Country Flag
    You can save some money with roadside from Roadside Assistance On Demand | Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane | gotU
    Not going to be as good as RACQ, but cost nothing until you need them, so save $99/year perhaps. One call out per year is still less than $99.
    I don't use them as i get it free as a work perk.

I have not paid for a service for about 10 years so I checked with autoguru, here is what I found.
    Normal service includes oil and filter, top up coolant brake fluid check, grease hinges, clear plenum chamber, sun roof guides and drains, 38point inspection etc
    Brake fluid changed are not included and would be another $70 every 2 years.
    Yr1: $427
    yr2: $427
    Yr3: $497 (Air filter)
    Yr4: $1005 (DSG Oil, Spark Plugs, Fuel Filter)
    Yr5: $427
    Total: $2783

So maybe the VW thing it is worth the money.
    They would be discounting to get you in, then they push for the extras I guess, wheel alignments etc that would probably cost more then going to Bob or Jax but if you like convenience could be worth it.
    You also need to have the cash upfront and be able to live without it for 5 years. With low interest rates it is small fry but go back to double digit mortgage rates and it is a bit different.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    You can save some money with roadside from Roadside Assistance On Demand | Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane | gotU
    Not going to be as good as RACQ, but cost nothing until you need them, so save $99/year perhaps. One call out per year is still less than $99.
    I don't use them as i get it free as a work perk.
    Thanks, I didn't know the PAYG option existed. However looking at the detail, the towing is only 10km within metro and $5.5 per km after.

Breakdown on the way to the ski slops would cost a bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by JustCruisn View Post
    I have not paid for a service for about 10 years so I checked with autoguru, here is what I found.
    Normal service includes oil and filter, top up coolant brake fluid check, grease hinges, clear plenum chamber, sun roof guides and drains, 38point inspection etc
    Brake fluid changed are not included and would be another $70 every 2 years.
    Yr1: $427
    yr2: $427
    Yr3: $497 (Air filter)
    Yr4: $1005 (DSG Oil, Spark Plugs, Fuel Filter)
    Yr5: $427
    Total: $2783
    Under the VW 5 Year Care plan they have confirmed it includes the Pollen Filter, DSG Oil, Brake Fluid, Air Filter and Fuel Filter.

The Private VW Mechanics charge for the book service, and then separately charge extra for the filters, oils etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123