Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vibrating shuddering wipers

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    Just had crack repaired by O'Briens Autoglass and notice that the wipers DONT operate like they used to, now shuddering/vibrating. Anyone had this issue? They did offer me to replace the wipers when they repaired the crack, but with 40K, and wipers working perfectly, I declined. Now I know why they offered. Seems the repair/resin has created a rough service. Wouldn't new rubbers just run into the same problem?

Anyone know of any hacks, claybar, alcohol solutions to run over the windscreen in attempt to fix/reduce friction?
    Did you actually read the thread or just post and hope. cos the answers are already there
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    Just had crack repaired by O'Briens Autoglass and notice that the wipers DONT operate like they used to, now shuddering/vibrating. Anyone had this issue? They did offer me to replace the wipers when they repaired the crack, but with 40K, and wipers working perfectly, I declined. Now I know why they offered. Seems the repair/resin has created a rough service. Wouldn't new rubbers just run into the same problem?

Anyone know of any hacks, claybar, alcohol solutions to run over the windscreen in attempt to fix/reduce friction?
    I reckon it would be worthwhile trying the plastic bag trick Lucas-r suggested to see if the repair is catching the wipers or if it’s more general. If it is the repair maybe worth speaking to o’briens about it? I’d be interested in hearing what you find out. Not had a repair done though had assumed a repair would leave the windscreen like new.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Users Country Flag

Make sur your wiper blade are straight on the windshield and not at an angle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12