Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Useful accessories for Tiguan Mk2

Has anyone fitted one of these boot loading sill protector strips on their car?

If so, how does it go long term? Like dust in the cracks around it? Or if you ever have to take it off, will it ruin the paint under it?

https://www.amazon.com.au/Recambo-CT...4920441&sr=8-1

I got this boot liner for my Allspace from fitmycar.com.au which is great, and it almost instantly paid for itself when the wife threw our daughters beach toys in the boot, with half of the sand and water from the beach with them. Haha 10% off your initial order when you sign up.
    (I always do this, then immediately unsubscribe when I get their first e-mail)

Volkswagen VW Tiguan SUV 2016-Current | Boot Liner - FMC - AUS | FitMyCar

And has anyone put some of these impact tapes on their cars? I have seen someone mention doing so in the past, just can't remember where.

I was thinking of putting some around the bumper and the door sills, and maybe the boot sill if I don't get the above sill protector.

Just wondering how they would go long term, how long they would last, how much pressure washing your car would affect them, and if it's a messy process removing it to replace down the line.

Sorry! Something went wrong!

Sorry! Something went wrong!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have both on my car I bought one similar to this for about $60 AU and it has the piece that goes inside on the ridge of the floor where everyone drags stuff across it

I also have 3M film on rear bumper from under the edge of the alloy piece right down to the chrome band in the lower bumper. It is also on all my doorsills right down to underneath and also on the S/S strips with the LED's in them.. I bought 300mm wide rolls of it and cut it to fit.

It isnt as easy as it might look to put it on the bumper but as I used to do Decals on Taxis I know how to stretch it to fit. I wouldnt use the tape you linked to as its too narrow.

You cant see the edges on mine but I have a polish I apply every month to keep it clean. Have used it on my last 3 VW's and has saved scratches from heels on womens shoes on the door sills. I never let ANYONE else put anything in the boot of my cars. I would never wash them with a Gerni either
    High Quality Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector Sill Trunk Tread Plate Trim For 2019 Tiguan L Car Styling|Chromium Styling| - AliExpress

You can buy 3M film here I have bought off him before but got my last lot on a trip to America for a lot less I always buy 300mm wide stuff. Was on my Passat for 7 years and still on my wifes 2010 Polo. If you keep pressure washer at least a foot away from car it will be OK as mine go through a touchless car was frequently without harm

Paint Protection Film By The Metre Read his instructions on how to apply it and follow it religiously

OR HERE
    Paint Protection Film Clear Bra 3M Scotchgard Pro Series 12" x 96" Sheet | eBay
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 05-03-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I have both on my car I bought one similar to this for about $60 AU and it has the piece that goes inside on the ridge of the floor where everyone drags stuff across it

I also have 3M film on rear bumper from under the edge of the alloy piece right down to the chrome band in the lower bumper. It is also on all my doorsills right down to underneath and also on the S/S strips with the LED's in them.. I bought 300mm wide rolls of it and cut it to fit.

It isnt as easy as it might look to put it on the bumper but as I used to do Decals on Taxis I know how to stretch it to fit. I wouldnt use the tape you linked to as its too narrow.

You cant see the edges on mine but I have a polish I apply every month to keep it clean. Have used it on my last 3 VW's and has saved scratches from heels on womens shoes on the door sills. I never let ANYONE else put anything in the boot of my cars. I would never wash them with a Gerni either
    High Quality Stainless Steel Rear Bumper Protector Sill Trunk Tread Plate Trim For 2019 Tiguan L Car Styling|Chromium Styling| - AliExpress

You can buy 3M film here I have bought off him before but got my last lot on a trip to America for a lot less I always buy 300mm wide stuff. Was on my Passat for 7 years and still on my wifes 2010 Polo. If you keep pressure washer at least a foot away from car it will be OK as mine go through a touchless car was frequently without harm

Paint Protection Film By The Metre Read his instructions on how to apply it and follow it religiously

OR HERE
    Paint Protection Film Clear Bra 3M Scotchgard Pro Series 12" x 96" Sheet | eBay

Ahh perfect! Thanks for the info. Might have to get myself some of that and give it a go.

Cheers

I have a question for you all. I recently bought a pair of metal replacement paddles off Ali Express. I have 2020 Tig and all the videos I've seen in regards to installing these paddles simply requires a pull of the metal pin and swap them around. I dont think its possible to do this on the 2020 model. Am I just retarded and cant manage it or do I have to remove the steering wheel?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234