Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Unexpected gearbox(?) noise coming from car during acceleration

Thanks yes I had a video which I showed them but they said they need to replicate it IRL. I didn’t pick up on the reverse and drive which should be simple to replicate if that is the case. Thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Teduardo View Post
    No, I couldnt replicate at dealer as it only happened on cold startup and disappered after it warmed up. Hence why I recorded from within and outside the car if you have seen my posts. They put me in a loan car at one point early on and kept mine overnight so they could try replicate it the following day, which they were able to do. Perhaps you can discuss something like this with them. Its pretty hard to dispute the videos if you have them though which should at least start the conversation towards acknowledgement.

Re technical update, I dont have that detail. It was a comment offered in conversation by the service rep.
    Haven’t had a chance to go back to the dealer due to lockdown. May I ask which dealer you went to? They might be able to assist as you have experienced this already.

Finally car is under repair. Got it covered 100% they are changing the 2nd gear synchro will see how it goes.
    Hopefully don’t need a full gear box replacement

Got my car back the clunk noise is gone now wohoo!
    Only thing I notice now is when driving and let go of accelerator there is like a crackling noise not sure if that is normal?

Users Country Flag
    Crackling noise from the gearbox, engine rear of the car?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Crackling noise from the gearbox, engine rear of the car?
    Not quite sure where it’s coming from but sounds like from just under the footwell of the drivers seat. So basically when driving and when letting go of accel pedal there is a slight crackling noise which goes away after a couple of seconds. Might be something loose?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234