Thread: TVS DSG Stage 2+ query

Users Country Flag

TVS DSG Stage 2+ query

Hi All,

I had the TVS Stage 2+ DSG tune put on the car over a month ago in preparation for the APS Stage 3 tune. Love the tune - transforms the DSG, but I've got two questions and was wondering if any others out there with the same tune can provide advice:

1. In sports mode, the DSG isn't shifting from 1st to 2nd fast enough when under WOT. It hits the rev limiter somewhere around 6500rpm unless I manually shift first.
    2. I've been a bit scared to use launch control. I half tried in once - accelerator half down so revs around 2500rpm instead of the full 3500rpm and when I dropped it, the clunk of the transmission under the car was brutal. Prior to the tune, take up had been a smoother whereas this time if felt that the clutch just disengaged abruptly.

I'm going to chat to my tuner to see if I can change the gear change point when under WOT, but wanted to get any feedback from other Tiguan owners before I do.
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.

Not a TVS tune but I had a clunk on gear change with launch and was told it was the gearbox still adapting and to do it a couple more times. Sure enough the clunk went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Entheos View Post
    Hi All,

I had the TVS Stage 2+ DSG tune put on the car over a month ago in preparation for the APS Stage 3 tune. Love the tune - transforms the DSG, but I've got two questions and was wondering if any others out there with the same tune can provide advice:

1. In sports mode, the DSG isn't shifting from 1st to 2nd fast enough when under WOT. It hits the rev limiter somewhere around 6500rpm unless I manually shift first.
    2. I've been a bit scared to use launch control. I half tried in once - accelerator half down so revs around 2500rpm instead of the full 3500rpm and when I dropped it, the clunk of the transmission under the car was brutal. Prior to the tune, take up had been a smoother whereas this time if felt that the clutch just disengaged abruptly.

I'm going to chat to my tuner to see if I can change the gear change point when under WOT, but wanted to get any feedback from other Tiguan owners before I do.
    Hi Entheos - I have had the TVS TCU tune stage 2 + (with some additional tweaks) for over 12 months now. I had this put on after the IS38 APR tune and it works perfectly, S, D and M mode using paddles are awesome, no hesitation just quick shifts. I did get a bit of a clunk and other metal sounds when I had launch control at 4500 RPM, I would not recommend this as I recall Ramee’s issue as a lesson learnt (K04 Gen 1 Tig transfer case failure). I don’t get that sound launching at 3k or 3.5k. Before you fit your hardware perhaps ask the mechanic to check your transfer case/ transmission for any signs of obvious wear or fault. Prob be good to replace under warranty rather than having to do that yourself after fitting all your mods.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thanks Melbourne_Tiggy. I was hoping you might reply as I had read you had this tune.

I'll get North HiTech to check the transfer case - its probably nothing, but it was definitely far more brutal than I was imagining. As for the hitting the rev limiter, strange you are not hitting this, but perhaps the ECU redline/cutout is different between the APR stage 1 and 3 tunes. Worst case, surely the TC tune can be changed so it upshifts that little bit earlier in 1st.

Yes, the difference in gear response the paddles is huge. Had much fun a few days ago on the Lakes Way going to Forster

Do I even ask what the "additional tweaks" are?
    2018 VW Tiguan 162 TSI Sportline
    APR Stage 3 ECU tune, TVS Stage 2+ TCU tune, IS38 Rev F turbo, APR intercooler, APR dump pipe, Racingline intake kit & 034 rear swaybar.
    XForce Varex muffler & controller on the way.