Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuning Discussion - 132TSI / 162TSI

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    The answer to this is yes there's no "undetectable" power increase as there's stored parameters for maximum power, boost, etc. So even though you might not have changed the software in your ECU, you've still run your car outside manufacturers specs and in the end this can be enough to void your warranty.

It just depends how deep the dealer looks, and also how far VW goes with their diagnostic system which your car will no doubt get hooked up to if you have a warranty claim on your engine/drivetrain.

Some people will wait until their warranty expires to modify, however there is essentially no difference if you break your car under warranty or out of warranty - your car is still broken and needs to get fixed.
    Yes but I'd be wary that this is a new car and new engine. Some people won't want to run that risk. Waiting for out of warranty claims means you will need to get the car fixed regardless, however if you are in the warranty period and you have a tune and it's an engine failure VW will try everything to blame it on you and you could be up for some hefty costs.

The 162tsi IMO will be pretty decent nonetheless as when I drove the 132tsi I felt it was pretty decent. 30kw more would be noticeable to say the least. Having said all this my Golf is tuned and to this day haven't had one issue at all. It's the best thing I've done by far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    GOLF GTI MY11 ADIDAS Candy White, Sunroof
    GOLF GTI 40th ED, White with Sunroof

IggyPopTiggy Guest
    Well, I've put in an order. Black R-Line 162tsi. Let's see how long I last before the tune. I've owned a 5.7l twin turbo before. Now an N/A 4.2l v8. Will probably need to check into a clinic for adjustment. But I had no sunroof; or active info display....

I give myself two months.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IggyPopTiggy View Post
    Well, I've put in an order. Black R-Line 162tsi. Let's see how long I last before the tune. I've owned a 5.7l twin turbo before. Now an N/A 4.2l v8. Will probably need to check into a clinic for adjustment. But I had no sunroof; or active info display....

I give myself two months.
    Lol well done. Ive just done the same. Black 162 TSI. DAP. Pretty excited.. I'm already looking for a tune and DP.. if possible.. but cant seem to find one.. when do the brands normally come out with them - after launch? I thought its the same motor as the GTI, so should be straight forward ? Should be good with the tough gearbox.
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Thing is the dump pipes for the FWD GTI don't have to worry about the 4x4 driveshaft, you'd be best to look to Europe and see if Milltek, Supersprint, Jetex, or any of the numerous UK based ones like Scorpion have anything.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    Lol well done. Ive just done the same. Black 162 TSI. DAP. Pretty excited.. I'm already looking for a tune and DP.. if possible.. but cant seem to find one.. when do the brands normally come out with them - after launch? I thought its the same motor as the GTI, so should be straight forward ? Should be good with the tough gearbox.
    I'm looking at getting this for my 162TSi:
    CRTD4 Multi-Channel Petrol Tuning Box Chip (New Release) | Diesel Chip Tuning Multi-Channel Petrol Tuning Box Chip

Users Country Flag

Tuning Discussion - 132TSI / 162TSI

I test drove the 162TSI a month ago and was very surprised by its feel on the road and how there was so little body roll for a SUV. That sold me and the fact it punches just as hard as my GTI. Will be getting it to Stage 1 not long after pickup I think Tuning Discussion - 132TSI / 162TSI
    Last edited by tigger73; 12-02-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    MY18 MKII Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Deep Black | DAP | Sunroof

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

Users Country Flag
    Will u not wait till after warranty before stage 1 up grade?
    What does stage one up grade give you? And how much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    Will u not wait till after warranty before stage 1 up grade?
    What does stage one up grade give you? And how much?
    If you only keep your cars 3 years there's not much point waiting until warranty expires....

Stage 1 on the GTI takes it up to ~230-235 and I'd expect similar outputs from a flash tune for the Tiguan. The major benefit is that the Tiguan will have traction compared to the GTI which spends much of it's time spinning the front wheels.

Stage 2 on the Tiguan should take it to ~250kW and into 4's 0-100.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    If you only keep your cars 3 years there's not much point waiting until warranty expires....

Stage 1 on the GTI takes it up to ~230-235 and I'd expect similar outputs from a flash tune for the Tiguan. The major benefit is that the Tiguan will have traction compared to the GTI which spends much of it's time spinning the front wheels.

It's it a turbo upgrade or computer tune?

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag

Tiguan 162TSI R-line Deals

Ditto.. my last two cars I've had for about 5 between change. So you might as well enjoy the upgrades the complete time you have the car rather than only the back end of ownership. That way the investment is more worthwhile as well.

I had that mentality with my GTI.. then eventually got over the idea and never went through with it. Also I can't remember ever really reading about ECU upgrades actually resulting in warranty issues.

MY18 MKII Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Deep Black | DAP | Sunroof

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast