Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Paul, download the Tiguan electrical PDF from the link below, it is on the second last line, second file from the right. The different headlights are explained in there and how to identify them correctly.

Tiguan Owners manual - Google Drive
    Thanks for all the information.

I believe the US LED headlight are the Mid version. So they should be able to have the DLA.

I just need to order a VCP.

Thank You

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traffic Jam Assist

Quote Originally Posted by Moveingfaster View Post
    Thanks for all the information.

I believe the US LED headlight are the Mid version. So they should be able to have the DLA.

I just need to order a VCP.

Thank You

Paul

YouTube

Last edited by Moveingfaster; 29-10-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainesh View Post
    Where are you from? You need Adaptive cruise control and lane assist for TJA. Also it depends on the module of the Lane assist camera.

I have succesfully activated TJA and Emergency Assist on a prefacelift Golf 7. It had the correct modules.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

I am from Portugal and my car was built on August 2016, so it is a Golf 7 (pre facelift, not a 7.5). It does feature adaptive cruise control and lane assist.
    What exactly did you do in order to activate those two systems? And how can I check if I have the correct modules? I am a total newbie on these matters, I must say.
    Golf Mk7 Variant Highline 1.6TDI 110cv * DSG7 * Bi-xenon * Panoramic Roof * DLA * ACC * LKA * Kessy * Rear Assist * ErgoActive Seats * Discover Pro

Quote Originally Posted by golfguypt View Post
    I am from Portugal and my car was built on August 2016, so it is a Golf 7 (pre facelift, not a 7.5). It does feature adaptive cruise control and lane assist.
    What exactly did you do in order to activate those two systems? And how can I check if I have the correct modules? I am a total newbie on these matters, I must say.
    Do you have something like vcds or vcp? It depends on your lane assist camera if TJA is possible.

Users Country Flag
    I don't own a VCDS device, but I can eventually resort to someone that does have the proper hardware and software.

By the way, I also have the Dynamic Light Assist equipment, which uses the camera to shape the light beam (is does more than toggling the high and low beam), so I suppose that if there are more than one camera types on the Golf 7 pre facelift models, the one on my car would be the more advanced one.

I was wondering if the same result can be achieved by using OBDEleven, if I am not able to get help from someone with VCDS, as OBDEleven is way cheaper.
    Golf Mk7 Variant Highline 1.6TDI 110cv * DSG7 * Bi-xenon * Panoramic Roof * DLA * ACC * LKA * Kessy * Rear Assist * ErgoActive Seats * Discover Pro

Quote Originally Posted by golfguypt View Post
    I don't own a VCDS device, but I can eventually resort to someone that does have the proper hardware and software.

By the way, I also have the Dynamic Light Assist equipment, which uses the camera to shape the light beam (is does more than toggling the high and low beam), so I suppose that if there are more than one camera types on the Golf 7 pre facelift models, the one on my car would be the more advanced one.

I was wondering if the same result can be achieved by using OBDEleven, if I am not able to get help from someone with VCDS, as OBDEleven is way cheaper.
    Eventually you need VCP to activate TJA. But first i need a scan from your car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainesh View Post
    Eventually you need VCP to activate TJA. But first i need a scan from your car.

Is it true that TJA also needs an electronic handbrake and that is why it isn't available on the Skoda Octavia?

Also, do you know if Manoeuvre Braking can be coded?
    2018 Golf 7.5 110TSi Comfortline | Drivers Assistance Package | Retrofitted: Traffic Jam Assist | Emergency Assist II | Light Assist | OEM Vienna Leather Sports Seats with full Highline Interior | Power Folding Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    Is it true that TJA also needs an electronic handbrake and that is why it isn't available on the Skoda Octavia?

That sounds like a very likely requirement as the brakes need to be engaged as the vehicle comes to a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by point View Post

Nope, i have a couple of Skoda Octavia 2018 models driving with TJA

The electronic Braking is for ACC, not TJA.

Users Country Flag

This might be a silly question, but when you are using adaptive cruise control or TJA, does it always flash the brake lights when it's reducing the speed? Especially in city traffic.
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast