Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Hate to say it but I have come to the conclusion that this is not something we can enable. Comparing the differences in the coding for Module 13 (ACC) between mine and @Hugo_nz plus the Golf MK7.5 with TJA I am 99.9% sure it is to do with Byte 13 (theirs are set to 40 while non-TJA are set to 30). As soon as I change this on mine I get warning up on the AID saying Front Assist not available and a fault is logged stating "Control module incorrectly coded".

Looking at the coding of Byte 13 and the change that is made by going from 30 (Bit 4 & Bit 5 Enabled Only) to 40 (Bit 6 Enabled Only) it changes SWaP_FSID_group_3 from 3 to 4. To me this says that TJA is in fact a Software as Product (SWAP) upgrade and as such only done by VW.
    And what about byte 6? Did you change that too? Which is to do with front assist and is different in the TJA cars, if you want I can take a pic of what mine is coded too, also there is a couple of possibilities in front sensor module coding

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Maybe we need to have a look at the coding from a Skoda that has full functional TJA without 3 second limit to see if it is possible to enable this for VW as well.
    definitely have the 3 sec penality with the Skoda Superb in TJA mode.
    if the car has been stationery for more than 3 secs, then i need to "resume" with the cruise control stalk, or tap the accelerator.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    @NZ_GolfR after an intensive search around worldwide forums it seems that the VAG TJA always has the 3-second penalty.
    There are some people telling otherwise but that;s only 2-3 out of more then 40 posts that are telling this. To be honest, I don't believe them. Must be that the full stop was occasionally less then 3-seconds and maybe that's the reason why they think they don't have the penalty or something.

The only thing TJA seems to add to the regular fitted cars with ACC and Front Assist is the ALG to also function below the 60km/h.

Users Country Flag
    What does the ALG give you over the current normally enabled lane assist?
    My current lane assist sometimes reads one line on either side depending when your drifting and will sometimes slightly steer you away from going out of your lane. does the ALG offer a vastly improved function to this?

The ALG is fairly easy to enable on the OBD11 also from memory?

Users Country Flag
    ALG will not "bounce" you between the lines but will keep you centered .
    Yes, it can be easily enabled with OBD11 but it will not work below 60km/h, ALG will be disabled then unless you have TJA.
    So this means in traffic you have to manually keep the car in the lane.

Users Country Flag
    Don't you think the 3 seconds is a safety thing? I found that the ALG sometimes looses the lines of the lane, so I think it's there so you have control of the car at all times and are able to correct it at any time,

Users Country Flag
    VW Aus have updated the spec sheet on their website to the MY18 models and the DAP lists TJA and Emergency Assist.
    Current: MY17 VW Tiguan Highline 162TSI - Pure White, R-Line, Driver Assistance Pack, Sunroof
    MY14 Audi S3 Sedan, Misano Red, Performance Pack, Sunroof
    MY11 VW Golf R - Candy White. Bluetooth, MDI, Sunroof, RNS510

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    Don't you think the 3 seconds is a safety thing? I found that the ALG sometimes looses the lines of the lane, so I think it's there so you have control of the car at all times and are able to correct it at any time,
    The 3-sec is associated to the TJA assist. When a car with TJA assist is stopped, it will auto (no intervention) resume if the stopped time was less than 3 secs.

With ALG, it's 12 seconds of hands-free operation. i.e. with lane guidance active (green), it will auto steer for 12 secs. after which the driver will b instructed to regain steering control. if the driver still doesn't take over, it will vibrate (with audio) and dab the brakes for a split second. if the driver STILL doesn't react, it will bring the car to a complete stop, hazard lights on, safely.
    ......at least for skoda.
    Last edited by dArK5HaD0w; 06-09-2017 at 08:21 PM.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

All those who want TJA in the earlier cars had better start harassing VWA or even offer them money to get it enabled. Perhaps get your dealer to lobby them as well, if it was a dealer option I would pay to a reasonable amount to have it activated.

Users Country Flag

Yeah I was gonna say does this mean we have a better chance of getting it enabled? Surely they will just say that the earlier cars don't have the hardware blah blah blah?

Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast