Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    Like all the educational videos it does not give information on what driver inputs, if any, are required and when. They all appear to give the impression that once set the driver does not have to do anything which is misleading and has led to us the customer having distorted views on what it is, what it does and how it interacts with the driver. I think I have during this morning and looking at all the new stuff available come to the conclusion of what it is not and that is it is not autonomous hands off driving under 60kph in heavy traffic which I assumed it was after previously watching the Bosch video. I have looked at a lot of Audi fora and they are just as confused as the VW customers are but they are still some way ahead of us. Post 22 in this thread goes into TJA pretty deeply and the whole thread is worth a read but keep in mind it is written in 2016

Driver Assistance - Page 3 - AudiWorld Forums

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I'll go along with that, so do we presume that TJA is in the latest cars, the dealers say so and VW says not or did according to my last conversation with them.
    At least in The Netherlands on the MY18 models TJA is NOT enabled.

Users Country Flag
    I have a 2018 Tiguan WITH TJA here in Norway. (Ordered specifically) I can confirm that TJA does NOT remove the 3seconds limit for auto-start. That is NOT what VW means by TJA. They just mean that the ACC and LaneAssist works together to steer and drive the car automatically at low speeds.

All documentation I have seen from Volkswagen always talk about "...after a short stop". Yes, they are unclear about what TJA really is.
    If your car doesn't have TJA, the LaneAssist turns yellow at low speeds. If you have TJA, the ACC and LaneAssist will remain green at low speeds.

After talking to some dealers, I have learned that they really don't know much about the electronics in these cars, and you can't really rely on answers regarding specifics about these functionalities.

But this doesn't mean that there might be some coding that could remove that 3sec limit. (Hoping)

See also: Traffic Jam Assist - Page 3 - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums
    Last edited by arvid; 01-09-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    So if we enable the ALG essentially we have enabled as much of the TJA as we can?

Users Country Flag
    Yes, I think you have. If you have ACC, LaneAssist and Adaptive Lane Guidance and the ACC and LA light is green at low speed, you have TJA enabled. Thats it. The 3 seconds limit has nothing to do with this as far as I can see. TJA is sold and enabled for cars here in Norway, and this is what TJA is. I haven't seen any car or video without this limit. It might be that Audi, Skoda, BMW doens't have this limit, but after all that is a different car and different code.

But what I would like to be able to remove by coding is:
    - The 3 seconds limit
    - The x seconds limit that you need to hold your wheel, while the LA is active.

Quote Originally Posted by smarty View Post
    So if we enable the ALG essentially we have enabled as much of the TJA as we can?
    The new cars appear to have acc activated down to zero kph which was not previously the case. In saying that if ACC is activated down to zero then TJA appears to be activated in VW speak. That is my take on it but I was wrong before and could be equally wrong now. Another thing to notice is all videos are done on multi lane freeways where clearly defined traffic lanes are marked and not single lane roads where cars could be parked down the side of the road obscuring any lane markings.

So a question to MY17 owners, has anyone managed to get ALG operating below 60?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They have not been trying to do that, they have been trying to figure out how to activate TJA. No one figured out it appears to be the same thing....maybe.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by lm_jo View Post
    So a question to MY17 owners, has anyone managed to get ALG operating below 60?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    I purchased my Tig with ACC. Spec sheet says TJA is part of ACC. ALG did not work below 60kmh. I raised the issue with VW and they applied a software update to enable TJA. ALG works below 60kmh with ACC on, and above 60kmh with ACC on or off. I posted a video of ALG working on the road I take to work every day which is a regular two lane road. ALG works on that road even in poor weather conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo_nz View Post
    I purchased my Tig with ACC. Spec sheet says TJA is part of ACC. ALG did not work below 60kmh. I raised the issue with VW and they applied a software update to enable TJA. ALG works below 60kmh with ACC on, and above 60kmh with ACC on or off. I posted a video of ALG working on the road I take to work every day which is a regular two lane road. ALG works on that road even in poor weather conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, do you have the 3-second penalty or not? That's a question for some of us.

Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast