Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by azza83 View Post
    Hi All, as quoted, I took delivery of my new MY18 162TSI (fully loaded) in Australia last week and I can confirm that it has both ALG and TJA.

I think there is some confusion on when/how it actually works and it is different to the Audi system - we need to acknowledge that TJA operates within the limits of the ACC, our Tiguan has a 3 second stop/go function which means you will always have to manually resume if stopped for a long period.

When I tested this I was on an 80km motorway with ACC set, the traffic slowed below 60km and TJA took over by continuing to steer, the ACC remains on as does the Lane Assist with ALG, both icons remain GREEN on the dash to a complete stop... If this stop is long it still requires the driver to manually resume (same as ACC), this is done simply with a light touch of the accelerator or press the resume button on the wheel - the TJA system then continues to steer/accelerate/brake again from standstill by following the car in front.

It's a great feature, I did notice it doesn't activate on suburban roads, and seems ACC needs to be set high or needs to meet certain conditions to operate as TJA.

I hope this helps settles any concerns... Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't suppose you have access to OBDeleven or VCDS and can take a scan of your car so I can compare the coding of the different modules with some MY17 cars?

Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Sounds like normal ACC with ALG indeed, it's missing TJA.
    With TJA you don't have to push the button after 3 seconds.
    @azza83, can you make a dump of the long coding module A5? Then we can confirm if it has TJA or not.

Hi All, as quoted, I took delivery of my new MY18 162TSI (fully loaded) in Australia last week and I can confirm that it has both ALG and TJA.

I think there is some confusion on when/how it actually works and it is different to the Audi system - we need to acknowledge that TJA operates within the limits of the ACC, our Tiguan has a 3 second stop/go function which means you will always have to manually resume if stopped for a long period.

When I tested this I was on an 80km motorway with ACC set, the traffic slowed below 60km and TJA took over by continuing to steer, the ACC remains on as does the Lane Assist with ALG, both icons remain GREEN on the dash to a complete stop... If this stop is long it still requires the driver to manually resume (same as ACC), this is done simply with a light touch of the accelerator or press the resume button on the wheel - the TJA system then continues to steer/accelerate/brake again from standstill by following the car in front.

It's a great feature, I did notice it doesn't activate on suburban roads, and seems ACC needs to be set high or needs to meet certain conditions to operate as TJA.

That is basically what I experienced. That is not full blown TJA, it is a crippled version of what is possible as both Skoda and Audi have shown. In fact it is not worth the problem of chasing TJA in the Tiguan if that is all we can get IMO. I still think the hardware is on the car but the firmware is not there to support the coding needed to bring it up to Audi specs. It would be interesting to hear what the extent of the added TJA in the NZ cases has been and whether TJA is fully implemented on those cars. The other way to look at the problem on the both newer and older cars is to remove the 3 seconds barrier to the car automatically moving off when the traffic in front moves.

MODS: would it be possible to have one thread about this instead of various threads asking the same questions in the separate model fora?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    That is basically what I experienced. That is not full blown TJA, it is a crippled version of what is possible as both Skoda and Audi have shown. In fact it is not worth the problem of chasing TJA in the Tiguan if that is all we can get IMO. I still think the hardware is on the car but the firmware is not there to support the coding needed to bring it up to Audi specs. It would be interesting to hear what the extent of the added TJA in the NZ cases has been and whether TJA is fully implemented on those cars. The other way to look at the problem on the both newer and older cars is to remove the 3 seconds barrier to the car automatically moving off when the traffic in front moves.

MODS: would it be possible to have one thread about this instead of various threads asking the same questions in the separate model fora?
    Ozsko, I have a dump from an Audi A3 and it uses the exact same firmware and hardware as our Tiguans.
    So it should definitely be possible.
    I'm waiting for the adaptation channels on the Audi to compare it to our Tiguans by NZ_GolfR but that will have to wait till sunday.

Contacted my local dealership and he knows for sure that my Tiguan will not have TJA, but it will be able to fully stop the car and resume with ACC after pressing the reset button after 3 seconds. TJA adds the Lange Guidance below 65km/h and removes the 3 second penalty. He's also confident that it's purely a software modification for my car but he told me that VW Netherlands for sure will not be activating this for me even if i'm willing to pay for it.

So in short, we need the adaptation channels, and dumps from a Tiguan with TJA enabled to compare it to the current dumps we already have.
    Last edited by GeeMoney; 31-08-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Users Country Flag

If this is what TJA is I stop caring about it. ACC already does all this except steering below 60km/h. I only wanted TJA because I believed it removes the necessity of pressing the resume button.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp View Post
    If this is what TJA is I stop caring about it. ACC already does all this except steering below 60km/h. I only wanted TJA because I believed it removes the necessity of pressing the resume button.
    Read my last message. I double checked it again with my dealer and he's absolutely sure about his statement.
    TJA adds the ALG under 60km/h and removes the 3 second penalty. At least in Europe then.

Users Country Flag
    As I said before that on motorways my ALG seems to work down to a standstill, but doesn't work on minor roads, I do not have TJA

Quote Originally Posted by GeeMoney View Post
    Read my last message. I double checked it again with my dealer and he's absolutely sure about his statement.
    TJA adds the ALG under 60km/h and removes the 3 second penalty. At least in Europe then.
    That is what the videos of it show from all sources, Skoda, Audi, Bosch, VW.

VWA said we would not have it and they are right it seems, contrary to their early dealer advisories saying that it was PROPOSED to have it activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    As I said before that on motorways my ALG seems to work down to a standstill, but doesn't work on minor roads, I do not have TJA
    A lot of parameters could be affecting the minor roads but I doubt we have enough understanding of what those things are. Does the car need to see vehicles all round, does the cameras need to see good guidance from road lines and so on. I would really like a report from NZ to see what they have experienced after the upgrade.

Users Country Flag

So I went to a dealer today (UK) and asked about TJA and he went away and came back after 10 minutes and told me he hasn't got any info in his coding manuals for it, not a upgrade yet he told me

Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast