Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Used the Contact Us form on the VWA website, received an email confirmation with a reference number stating they'd get back to me soon.
    Likewise

Dito, I will write them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a response back tonight... crock of $%^& in my opinion.

"Thank you for your patience.

We are working hard with the factory to introduce advanced driver assistance technologies such as Traffic Jam Assist, across all models which involves significant development and local testing for each vehicle. These advanced driver assistance technologies often involve technical upgrades to the vehicle and can’t always be switched on with a simple software update. Unfortunately this is the case for the MY17 Tiguan’s which are not able to be upgraded with Adaptive Lane Guidance or Traffic Jam Assist. In Skoda’s case the vehicles were equipped with hardware enabling them to activate the advanced driver assistance technologies with a software update. The hardware in the MY17 Tiguan has not been technically validated to enable the advanced driver assistance technologies."
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

I am not sure I buy that, it was enabled in the same generation of Tiguans in other countries and I directly heard VW people talking about being allowed to do it. They haven't responded to me yet so I will advance the argument when they do. Initially they told everyone that TJA was not being fitted because it was still being evaluated for Oz when the Passat had already been released with it and the Superb was supposed to have had it enabled as well. I might be proven wrong but I smell porkies being told.

Don't buy it at all, will have another go out when I have a free moment.
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Hello from New Zealand. We took delivery of two Tiguans on June 30th, both with ACC, neither have TJA activated. We have all the other boxes ticked (lane guidance, etc). The sales material for NZ makes mention of ACC on the Tiguan and I queried this with VW NZ. Their feedback was that it should in fact be active and they are looking into why it isn't and how to go about activating it. Will keep you posted.

Please do, I am having a fairly protracted discussion with VWA regarding this currently.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Please do, I am having a fairly protracted discussion with VWA regarding this currently.
    Will do. VW NZ has resolved to get back to me this coming week. The GM of VW NZ is also in the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Did you get any updates from VWA? And any idea when they will finalize specs for MY18 Tiguan? Shouldn't they be releasing specs when production has already started and orders for MY 18 are being taken?

I have no information on the 2018 cars only what I wrote and has been posted here. Further corrospondence with VWA has not proved fruitful regarding the earlier cars which is all I am concerned with at this time though if TJA is enabled in the 2018 cars as has been posted here then it makes the argument advanced by VWA invalid. I doubt at this time that they can be moved as it is a bit like talking to a brick wall.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast