Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

nz_golfr, could you look at the adaptations?

Had another 'discussion' with VWA yesterday regarding enabling TJA on MY17 vehicles, based on the information from Eyes24 supplied from the dealer, VWA are still saying that TJA is not currently enabled on MY18 Tiguans or MY17 for that matter, when pushed on the future he was coy and mentioned it was being looked at. From the tone of the conversation the gent I spoke to had already been down the TJA path before with other customers as he was a little abrupt at times and didn't really want to discuss it besides pushing the company line, he did come around in the end and loosen up a bit in conversation. He did say that if dealers are telling customers that TJA was on MY18 cars they were doing purely to sell a car and bending the truth to do so. Gut feel is VWA are considering adding TJA, need more people to ring up/write to VWA asking for it.
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Had another 'discussion' with VWA yesterday regarding enabling TJA on MY17 vehicles, based on the information from Eyes24 supplied from the dealer, VWA are still saying that TJA is not currently enabled on MY18 Tiguans or MY17 for that matter, when pushed on the future he was coy and mentioned it was being looked at. From the tone of the conversation the gent I spoke to had already been down the TJA path before with other customers as he was a little abrupt at times and didn't really want to discuss it besides pushing the company line, he did come around in the end and loosen up a bit in conversation. He did say that if dealers are telling customers that TJA was on MY18 cars they were doing purely to sell a car and bending the truth to do so. Gut feel is VWA are considering adding TJA, need more people to ring up/write to VWA asking for it.
    Good job Tig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Why they just don't make it an upgrade that the customer can elect to pay for is beyond my comprehension. I must be on a black list as they won't answer my emails, excellent customer relations I don't think. Any major feature that can be coded into the car should have a cost attached and give the customer the choice which could be presented the same way as the accessory packs VWA love and cherish so much. The dealers would like it because they would get a cut as well and it would be traffic through their service department.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Why they just don't make it an upgrade that the customer can elect to pay for is beyond my comprehension. I must be on a black list as they won't answer my emails, excellent customer relations I don't think. Any major feature that can be coded into the car should have a cost attached and give the customer the choice which could be presented the same way as the accessory packs VWA love and cherish so much. The dealers would like it because they would get a cut as well and it would be traffic through their service department.
    I'd be happy to pay for the upgrade as well, the current stance doesn't make a whole lot of sense
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    I'd be happy to pay for the upgrade as well, the current stance doesn't make a whole lot of sense
    We had one member that got the TJA enabled, right?
    How did he do that? Must be by the dealer?
    My dealer told me if you did not buy or select the option on getting the car, it's not possible to simply enable it or upgrade later on as the official German VW factory needs to code something in it...
    Could be a bogus story of course to push me off this track to get it enabled.
    If my new Tig does not have it enabled I will contact VW Germany and i'm able and willing to drive to the factory in Germany if I have to. Lets wait and see how they respond to that

There have been two cars in NZ that have had TJA enabled by the dealer, no one else seems interested in following up in NZ which puzzles me. Can ayone from NZ shed some light on why they haven't had TJA activated?

I drove a brand new Adventurer today to see if TJA is or isn't enabled and I came away puzzled to say the least. ACC is certainly active down to stop and when the car in front moved away the motor restarted but the vehicle did no move off without me pressing the resume button. I could not test it extensively in heavy traffic as this was at a rural dealer and they don't have traffic jams in their town. The three second delay was also not present or maybe it was but the motor restarted after more than three seconds stationary. As for self steering we were not in an area where I couldn't positively say it was working but it seemed to be. When the button on the end of the blinker stalk was pressed ALG did not appear in that list but I don't know whether it should have or not.

Users Country Flag
    Has any found out if tja can exist in a tiggy that does not have active info display.

Users Country Flag
    Hi AD Z11
    I believe the answer is no as you need a minimum of active cruise control and that only came with the active info display.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag

Thanks Delewin.
    I wonder if acc can be coded in via vcds as I know the mk7 golf has it and they don't have the active invo display.

Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast