Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Traction control button?

Users Country Flag

Traction control button?

Hi All,

Newbie here and owner of a MY18 Tiguan 162Highline with R Line and DAP.

I have a question which is really been plaguing my mind, whenever I look at images of the Tiguan cockpit primarily the gear stick area, i see the traction control OFF button - (has a car with OFF underneath).

Upon inspecting my vehicle last night, this button does not exist, in fact its the only button on the gear panel that isnt present. Understand i that i can turn this off via the infotainment system, but im starting to wonder whether this is a manufacturer fault?

Can anyone else confirm if they have this button in their Tiguan?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Tiggysaf; 02-02-2018 at 08:28 AM.

It certainly should have the TCS button.. bottom right of the gearstick. I have the same model as you.
    Sounds odd!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    yeah thats what i thought! hmm, ive reached out to VW Australia and my dealer. Lets see what they say.

I do believe however, its relativley easy to connect this should it be an oversight.

BTW - i also noticed that using the paddles max gear is M6, i thought it was a 7 speed?

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure you have been given a 162TSI? Should definitely be a 7 Speed DSG, only the entry level spec Tiguans have the 6 Speed DSG. That would also explain the lack of TCS button as I don’t think the entry level has that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

No that cant be right, how on earth am i supposed to tell if i have a base model 162? There is only one 162 model isnt there? What makes the differences across the 162 are the optional packages that come with it. Or maybe the engine choice options i.e. Diesel vs Petrol.

And sorry i think the reason for the M7 not appearing is that despite it being manual via paddles, you need to go a certain speed before the Gearbox allows you to hit M7, i.e. 90-100

Your registration papers you got from the dealer should say the exact model and options..

The other quick way, whilst driving, the performance page in vehicle will tell you how much power your using, go flat out and the kilowatts should jump to 162!!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    The 162TSI is petrol engine and only comes with the 7 Speed DSG. Looking at VW AU site on the 110TSI Trendline and Comfortline comes with 6 Speed DSG. The 132TSI, 162TSI, 110TDI and 140TDI all come with 7 Speed DSG. Is your 4Motion as all Highline models should be 4Motion, should have the badge on the back as well as just below the gear lever and the dial to adjust driving modes by the gear lever as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

oh look i have no doubt its a 162, the thing goes pretty hard! Not to mention even lower models include the T/C button, im so confused...

Thanks NZ_GolfR, i have just checked the paper work from the dealer and tax invoices it 100% says 162TSI Highline7spd DSG MY18

yes i have the 4 (red) and Motion (chrome) badge on the back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast