Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Bar for the Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Could anyone share a copy of the instructions that come with the OEM bar? Cheers

Is it this one you're looking for? Hitch Install P1 001 | Brian Wilson | Flickr
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vvw747 View Post
    Could anyone share a copy of the instructions that come with the OEM bar? Cheers
    5NA092136 hardware Installation

Towbar Installation Instruction for Tiguan 06/2016>>

There is thread here about fitting the towbar.
    Factory vs dealer fitted towbar

and the other one about CANBUS wiring
    CANBUS wiring for Tow bar installation - No Power on tow bar socket.

Users Country Flag

You're an absolute legend. Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iampivot View Post
    Is it this one you're looking for? Hitch Install P1 001 | Brian Wilson | Flickr
    Thanks. Yep this one and the wiring was provided too. Really appreciate the help.

Would like to get a towbar installed on MY19 Tiguan Allspace and try out (by hiring) a caravan.

Thinking about the Hayman Reese option because it's a lot cheaper than Westfalia or VW OEM ($1,300 vs $2,200+). Don't think we'd do this more than once or twice a year so not looking to overinvest.

Does anyone have the Hayman Reese towbar on a Mk2 Tiguan?
    Could you share your experiences?
    Does it require bumper to be cut?
    Any photos?
    I know it's a simple eletrical connection with no coding on VCDS - what does this mean? Is it just rear parking sensors and camera that will go crazy (which I can turn off).
    MY19 Tiguan Allspace, Platinum Grey, Sound & Vision, R Line, Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LovemyGTI View Post
    Would like to get a towbar installed on MY19 Tiguan Allspace and try out (by hiring) a caravan.

Thinking about the Hayman Reese option because it's a lot cheaper than Westfalia or VW OEM ($1,300 vs $2,200+). Don't think we'd do this more than once or twice a year so not looking to overinvest.

Does anyone have the Hayman Reese towbar on a Mk2 Tiguan?
    Could you share your experiences?
    Does it require bumper to be cut?
    Any photos?
    I know it's a simple eletrical connection with no coding on VCDS - what does this mean? Is it just rear parking sensors and camera that will go crazy (which I can turn off).
    How heavy is the van and what is its towballweight.

Electrical connection is NOT simple and a proper VW tow module is over $600 HR bars look messy and will require bumper to be hacked at. A Westfalia one is the one to get

Look here for a good one VW Tiguan Towbar - Detachable OEM Westfalia - Australia Tow Bars & Performance store[gal]/13/
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I would be looking to get a caravan within my car's limits <2500kg and <200kg towball.

What I meant was a simple "bypass" electrical rather than an electronic one to avoid the complications of coding, interfering with computer, etc.

I don't believe the bumper needs to be hacked although the square hitch would be visible but is hardly "ugly" (but each to his own): http://www.shop1auto.com.au/Images%2...0RW_800pix.jpg

There is a considerable price diff: $1,150 vs $2,000+ and if the only benefit is that it's 1. "invisible" when not in use and 2. the rear sensors don't beep on those once or twice a year trips, I'd be happy with that.
    MY19 Tiguan Allspace, Platinum Grey, Sound & Vision, R Line, Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LovemyGTI View Post
    I would be looking to get a caravan within my car's limits <2500kg and <200kg towball.

What I meant was a simple "bypass" electrical rather than an electronic one to avoid the complications of coding, interfering with computer, etc.

I don't believe the bumper needs to be hacked although the square hitch would be visible but is hardly "ugly" (but each to his own): http://www.shop1auto.com.au/Images%2...0RW_800pix.jpg

There is a considerable price diff: $1,150 vs $2,000+ and if the only benefit is that it's 1. "invisible" when not in use and 2. the rear sensors don't beep on those once or twice a year trips, I'd be happy with that.
    Just check your towball limits in your manual as they dont stay at a constant 200kg on all models and all loadings
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Hey all, I've tried scouring the search but couldn't find the answer, but can someone confirm that the dealer fitted VW towbar hitch is 50mm and not the smaller 40mm size fitted to some other cars?

Looking to get one and wanted to make sure I'll fit our bike carrier.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast