Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Bar for the Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Same bumper and rear end AFAIK Tow capacities can be different though
    Just in case someone reads this. Allspace and SWB have different rear bars. The side profile is different for top and middle parts. lower valence is different and even the fake exhaust parts are different. Where the towbar notch has to be cut, the profile of the SWB and Allspace bar is the same. So a same cut has to be made.
    SWB factory towbar will fit the Allspace. The base wiring loom connect to control module ok in both cars.

Just a side note the CAN-Bus has to be enabled before the tow control module can be programmed. Reading installation manual for towbar there are two connectors near the steering column in a foam sleeve that need to be joined.
    Last edited by tek199; 28-06-2020 at 08:41 AM. Reason: additional information

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    No more Westfalia Towbars in Australia so Westfalia have recommended a Polish brand called Autohak. Similar in design.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Users Country Flag
    Removable Towbars - Detachable Towbars - Invisible Towbars - Fixed Towbars - Australia Tow Bars & Performance store

This outfit have them but at present Tiguan ones are on back order due to popularity where from I dont know as Towbars Australia in Caboolture now own the Westfalia website etc as Westfalia went broke in AUS and withdrew.

TBA can get them from overseas but a big wait due to Virus etc

They did say DONT buy the electrically retractable model

He assured me the Autohak were as good as the Westfalias
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 29-06-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Just bought Westfalia tow bar with full integrated kit for 2017 tiguan R line, would be great to find anyone else that has installed the wiring kit on this model, will update once installed

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marcuskmt View Post
    No more Westfalia Towbars in Australia so Westfalia have recommended a Polish brand called Autohak. Similar in design.

Has anyone had experience with this?
    Wesfalia bars for the Tiguan are instock AustraliaTowbars have them

Users Country Flag
    searched everywhere and still can't find an answer to the CANBUS connection, do we still run the wires to dashboard?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    For anyone who has done their own install or with knowledge of the process on the Australian market Mk2/MQB Tiguan.

- Which side of the cargo area does the control module live?
    - Is the trailer preparation wiring (from control box to CANbus) already in place from factory?
    - Any additional plugs or splicing needed for communication with the CANbus after module plug in and checking '69' in the gateway installation list?
    - What revision control module are people using? I have a new revision F module and 13 pin plug combination in the garage that I could use if it's compatible with the new Tiguan.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Which connector do you have on your kit? I installed the factory controller, it was prewired for it in my my18 allspace on the left side. It was tricky to get into there though, the seats had to be lifted up. See Factory vs dealer fitted towbar
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag
    hi thanks for that, it's the 13 Pin Integrated wiring kit 305408300113, just wondering whether i need to run the canbus wires to the dash or is there a connection in the back?

A bit hard to find details on this kit.
    If you have it already, can you take a closeup photo of the connector on the box, and on the cable that comes with it? I installed the factory gateway/controller/box that i got off a wrecker. It would go in the left side of the trunk in any case, as there's a grommet at that spot to pull the cable through to the towbar. Just get in there and check if there's a cable sitting there ready already. Here's a picture of where i put mine, and what the box / connectors looks like.

Tow Bar for the Tiguan-pxl_20201003_040301057-jpgTow Bar for the Tiguan-pxl_20200922_044847435-jpg
    132TSI Tiguan Allspace

Users Country Flag

i should hopefully have it today and will upload photos, thanks, i am sure my kit comes with the westfalia controller though

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast