Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos

Users Country Flag

Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos-img_2456-jpg

Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos-img_2458-jpg

Got my new number plates today, I think it looks much better with the "Classic" Euro style rather than the "Icon" series. Just a shame I couldn't get the larger front plate... my dealer told me I would have to go to the RMS to get it swapped if I want the larger plate
    VW #1: MY13 Golf MK7 103TSI Highline - Reflex Silver - Panoramic Sunroof
    VW #2: MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Wolfsburg Edition - Indium Grey - Panoramic Sunroof
    Current: MY23 T-Roc R - Pure White - Panoramic Sunroof - Beats Audio

Quote Originally Posted by vw1988 View Post
    Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos-img_2456-jpg

Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos-img_2458-jpg

Got my new number plates today, I think it looks much better with the "Classic" Euro style rather than the "Icon" series. Just a shame I couldn't get the larger front plate... my dealer told me I would have to go to the RMS to get it swapped if I want the larger plate
    I’m in love with your car and the euro plates do look awesome...congrats!

————————————————————
    Black Wolfsburg with panoroof arrived late Feb 2019. Yes, it’s a wicked colour & well worth the wait.....Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post
    I’m in love with your car and the euro plates do look awesome...congrats!

————————————————————
    Black Wolfsburg with panoroof arrived late Feb 2019. Yes, it’s a wicked colour & well worth the wait.....Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos
    Thanks mate, and likewise! The full blacked out look on yours is badass, I'm going to ask about getting the chrome on mine done while it's in for the window tints
    VW #1: MY13 Golf MK7 103TSI Highline - Reflex Silver - Panoramic Sunroof
    VW #2: MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Wolfsburg Edition - Indium Grey - Panoramic Sunroof
    Current: MY23 T-Roc R - Pure White - Panoramic Sunroof - Beats Audio

Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos

For those getting window tints, the privacy glass has a brownish tinge to it so if you want the colour to match for the front windows then ask yr tinter the colour of the film.
    I used Suntek CarbonXP and being a carbon dye it has a greenish tinge to the film (which is slightly different to the privacy glass). This is only noticeable looking from the inside. From the outside the colour difference is not noticeable.

Perhaps the Suntek Pro or 3M crystalline film might have a brownish tinge?

————————————————————
    Last edited by Orpheus2k; 02-03-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Just did my first long trip in the Wolfy and my initial thoughts:

1. Wow, the drive is awesome and very smooth. Suspension is soft and nice. Car drives like my previous Evoque (very dynamic in the corners and not much understeer for a SUV)
    2. Some wind noise through A-pillar at high speeds (>100km/h)
    3. Sports mode is great especially with the low gears and firmer steering
    4. Love the black colour of the car! Not gonna change to any other colours from now on....Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos
    5. HUD is great for checking the speed but the plastic panel is an eye sore
    6. Sound system is great! Turn it up!
    7. Love the sunroof as it lets light into the otherwise dark cabin and great for the kids (and adults) to gaze outside. Although I’m getting maybe too much sun rays.....
    8. Love the headlights - so bright and white. Self levelling and dynamic light assist is awesome.
    9. Haven’t played around with the interior settings and lights but the ambient lights is so cool...or maybe they are staring at my colourful choice with the yellow plates Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos
    10. I get looks from other drivers all the time Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos
    11. Installed clear screen protector for the Infotainment. It’s oh so clear and perfect fit.
    12. Installed some “R” tyre nuts
    13. Genuine Rubber floor mats and plastic boot liner arrived from eBay
    14. The engine stop/start is amazing and the best I’ve seen implemented in a car. Most of the time I don’t even notice the engine switched on/off at all.
    15. Another cool feature is the corner headlights. What happens is when you indicated to turn left or right, the corresponding corner headlight illuminates the side road or intersection so you can see if there’s any dangers such as pedestrians. I love this feature!

To-do:
    1. Buy Matte black spray paint to paint my e-tag (don’t want any white colours in my car)Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos
    2. Black roof racks
    3. Centre console tray

Still in love with the car Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos

————————————————————
    Last edited by Orpheus2k; 03-03-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Orpheus,
    Great car, not gonna comment on the photos of your Wolfy cos under lights doesn't mean anything but take lots of photos cos your car will never look this good again . Remember clear coat is harder than your ceramic so careful maintenance is key, don't let anybody fool you.
    Current: MkVI Golf GTI. Tiguan 162 Highline Pure white, DAP/Rline/Sun.
    Gone: Tiguan 103TDI.

Quote Originally Posted by sunilr1 View Post
    Hey Orpheus,
    Great car, not gonna comment on the photos of your Wolfy cos under lights doesn't mean anything but take lots of photos cos your car will never look this good again . Remember clear coat is harder than your ceramic so careful maintenance is key, don't let anybody fool you.
    Care to share your experiences with paint protection? Everything I’ve read says it makes a massive difference compared to uncoated. Considering it when I get my car

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jy_tig View Post
    Care to share your experiences with paint protection? Everything I’ve read says it makes a massive difference compared to uncoated. Considering it when I get my car
    Not saying it doesn't. What massive differences are you talking about, sure longevity, hydrophobicity (is that a word?) are all superior to say a sealant or wax, but you still need to take care looking after it, just as you would with a wax or sealant.
    Current: MkVI Golf GTI. Tiguan 162 Highline Pure white, DAP/Rline/Sun.
    Gone: Tiguan 103TDI.

Quote Originally Posted by sunilr1 View Post
    Not saying it doesn't. What massive differences are you talking about, sure longevity, hydrophobicity (is that a word?) are all superior to say a sealant or wax, but you still need to take care looking after it, just as you would with a wax or sealant.
    So the moral of the story is no matter which colour choice or whichever paint protection option (or not), you still need to maintain, clean & wipe your car regularly for it to look smick and shiny. This goes for black, white, silver, grey etc as they all require some effect to maintain. My last 4 cars were white and it takes the same process and frequency to wipe the exterior after rain or a dust storm.

And yes, I’ve owned all the car colours so I can comment. Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition - Photos

————————————————————
    Last edited by Orpheus2k; 06-03-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post
    Just did my first long trip in the Wolfy and my initial thoughts:

8. Love the headlights - so bright and white. Self levelling and dynamic light assist is awesome.

————————————————————
    Did you end up coding this or was it on by default? If by default that’s interesting because the wolfy I test drove last year didn’t have it.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast