Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan sunroof shade

Users Country Flag

Tiguan sunroof shade

Hi All!

For those of you that have Tiguans with sunroofs could I ask whether you found the shade (which is semi-transparent) was good enough at keeping out the sun and heat (particularly in summer) compared to a traditional shade? I’m in two minds about getting a sunroof because I don’t want the car to boil!!!

Thanks!
    Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Personally speaking, we had no issues at all... I think it does the job well, i have a similar setup in my car and it also does a good job ...

I’m melb based so we don’t get the extreme heat and sun rays like other parts of AU....

We are in QLD and have no issues with heat other than what it would normally be like leaving your car parked in the sun.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Nick, have a look at the link below, it will give you some feedback on sun roof use.

Pros and cons for adding Sunroof

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks so much! Silly question - I know the sunroof obviously raises up from the car when open, but when shut is it any higher than a non-sunroof Tiguan?

Users Country Flag
    no...it's pretty much the same height on the exterior. It will impact if you are using roof bars though - factory bars allow for the roof being open while the 3rd party low profile bars may not allow enough for clearance. The other issue is that adding panoramic roof will reduce the interior headroom - best to test drive one to make sure it suits.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    The other issue is that adding panoramic roof will reduce the interior headroom - best to test drive one to make sure it suits.
    I think you'd have to be really tall for it to be a problem in the Tiguan, but as you say, try before you buy.

Users Country Flag
    I don't know if its the sunroof problem or the A/C but we think it's really hard to cool down the car during hot summer days. I won't get it with sunroof next time.
    2017 Tiguan Highline 162TSI DAP, Sunroof, Black
    2018 Golf Comfortline 110TSI DAP, Infotainment, Silver

Users Country Flag
    Hi Sharp and while our A/C seem to work fine before I covered the front Sunroof glass panel.

But once just the front glass panel was covered, the A/C works much better and gets the interior cooler much quicker.

I still have not had the time to workout how to remove the rear glass panel so I can cover it, but there is a 3 degree difference between the front and rear glass on the underside on the hottest days.

The interior is also much darker on bright sunny days.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by drivesafe View Post
    there is a 3 degree difference between the front and rear glass on the underside on the hottest days.

The interior is also much darker on bright sunny days.
    Cool! (literally)

What did you cover with?
    2017 Tiguan Highline 162TSI DAP, Sunroof, Black
    2018 Golf Comfortline 110TSI DAP, Infotainment, Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast