Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Sunroof

Tiguan Sunroof

Looking at the tiguans and currently trying to make a decision regarding the panoramic sunroof.

I personally would like the sunroof, used to own an Audi and i used the sunroof quite a bit.

However many people suggesting that these sunroof are more problem than they're worth.

Anyone here who has ordered a vehicle with the sunroof and regreted the decision?

I saw there was a recall on the sunroofs in 2018, but the newer models do not have the led lights around the roof anymore right?

Thanks guys.

I’m a fan. My tig has it. If you often park in leafy areas, you’ll want to keep on top of the drains (in each corner of the sunroof aperture) clear.

Users Country Flag
    I didn't get it for the fear of it leaking (and the heat). I'm in a few Tiguan owners groups on FB and it seems to be more the Mexican built variants (Allspace and North American SWB) that suffer, no idea why.
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

Users Country Flag
    I deliberately bought one without it Too many leaks and rattles reported . Also dont need windows over my head in the QLD sun. I love the drivers wandering along with the sunroof open and the air on trying to cool the whole world
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I’m a fan. My tig has it. If you often park in leafy areas, you’ll want to keep on top of the drains (in each corner of the sunroof aperture) clear.
    Agree with Simon 100%. Sunroof is a personal preference and we enjoy it. Just make sure the drains are cleaned regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have a Mexican built allspace (all allspace are Mexican) no rattles/squeaks in the roof.

Have done some 4x4 work, lots of dirt roads and often park on a diagonal slope (where there are only 2 diagonally opposite wheels on the ground each time I go up/down from the parking spot)

I don’t park under trees often though- so can’t give useful feedback from that side of things.

21000kms so far.

On real hot days I close the sun-shade. Fixes the single negative issue (my POV)

it’s great having the roof open and cold air on the face from the a/c!

Users Country Flag
    Love my sunroof. Had to have some warranty work done on it the year we bought due to the drainage. Been fine since.

Would definitely order it again. It’s huge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Ex kiwi, is your antagonism a ‘blind spot’ personality trait- or is it a deliberate decision to come across as an ******* sometimes?

To be useful to the forum, below are my replies/thoughts.

Air isn’t inherently sucked out the roof. The little (and ugly) spoiler that pops up when the roof is slid open, creates a pocket of air at close to ambient pressure and reduced air speed, negating any pressure differential between the cabin and roof(no great waste of cabin air)

I’m fairly sure the a/c is always on ‘full blast’ in (all?) common passenger cars (engine driven). I don’t think we have ‘inverter’ tech- or similar in regular cars. They are either engaged, or disengaged from the engine. So on (full blast), or off. Maybe they have a slight ‘ramping up/damping’ effect via their clutch, to minimise wear/nvh, but I think that’s the extent of it. If I’m wrong, the sunroof design nullifies the potential for overuse (which is then “in-nullified” by living in a hot state of Australia!)

In any case, I have mine set to 23 degrees. If I have the roof open, it doesn’t make a huge difference to the fan speed OR the a/c being on vs off.

Did you mean the blower in your post? If so, mine tends to only be on full speed (auto mode) at car startup, to clear out the ambient heat that builds up during warm days (28 deg +) for the first 5ish minutes- the downsides to lots of glass and a dark interior- even with dark tint all round. On real hot days, it can be full mode for the entire trip (roof and shade are closed on these days- my preference)

I activated the ‘Auto mode’ fan speed leds in obd11, so I always know how hard the blower is working (beyond the audible signs)
    Last edited by Simonr23; 04-01-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Pretty sure there is a fan, that pushes out variable amounts of air according to what the fan is set to..

I’m clearly missing something.

2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

Users Country Flag

Ps great tip, on hot days, just open all the windows, and sunroof if you have one, for 2 - 3 mins. Let the AC run during this time, then close everything back up and enjoy the cabin being a lot cooler much quicker.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast