Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tiguan Sunroof

Did you very quickly (immediately) call the dealer and ask ‘what the f$&@‘
    VW charge heaps for services. For the money they MUST demonstrate value and do everything on the list (all dealers should)

Edit- Getting off my soapbox for a sec. is sunroof drainage part of the service checklist?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    VW charge heaps for services. For the money they MUST demonstrate value and do everything on the list (all dealers should)

Edit- Getting off my soapbox for a sec. is sunroof drainage part of the service checklist?
    Yes it is on my last service invoice
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Yes, I reported the issue to the dealer when I made the booking. Perhaps unsurprisingly the service centre agent was quick to point out that VW will want to absolve itself of any responsibility in replacing spoiled carpet and sound-proofing as the "requirement to clean the sunroof drains is documented in the owner’s manual" (although I couldn't find a specific reference to that?)
    The 12 month service report clearly indicates that the drains were cleaned and I have no reason to doubt that. I am keeping an open mind - I'm not in a position to categorically determine what the issue is and trust that the service centre will fairly investigate the problem, manufacturing fault or otherwise. They also said they’d be willing to submit a warranty claim based on that outcome.
    In the meantime I’ll tape up the sunroof as per iDiesel's suggestion and patiently wait for this friggin lockdown to resolve.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345