Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Sunroof

No regrets, Pano roof is so good... I even have the factory lighting still active
    Daily 2018 Tiguan MK2 Sportline (Drag & Drop Tune, 12.9s @ 108mph)
    Weekend/Track 1996 Skyline R33 GTS-t Stage 99 (Built Motor, GTX3576 Gen 2, 407rwkW) [Build Thread]

www.nhbautomotive.com.au

Users Country Flag
    Another +1 for the Pano roof.

Use it quite a bit. For about 9 months of the year I have it open driving to and from work before the sun gets too high/ hot overhead with the blind fully open. I typically have the blind half way back when driving around town during the middle of the day - closed if a really hot day. In Winter I have the blind always fully open. Love having the light in the cabin.
    No issues with leaks, my 2018 Allspace was one of the first that came without the LED lights on in the sunroof. Not sure whether it’s deleted or just disabled in the Software.

About the the only negative I could say is that I feel a bit of flex/creaking when going across uneven ground, especially when traversing diagonally. And also, you’ll need the factory roof bars (or similar) to ensure you have clearance for the sunroof to open as it sits a few mm proud of the roof racks so sleek cross bars would not be advisable.

When ordering mine, I was concerned about whether on a really hot day the blind would let in the heat, but whilst it does a little, it’s far less than I was expecting and not an issue with the AC on.
    Last edited by iDiesel; 06-01-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Tiguan Sunroof

I have the pano roof also as for my wife this was a non-negotiable item. I originally was a bit take it or leave it but now I’d put myself in the “pano roof convert” group.

I drive around 95% of the time with the blind back and only close it on really hot days. My 2 major concerns are additional maintenance issues with blocked drains or stuffed blinds but hopefully with semi regular checks and parking under cover most of the time this will be less of an issue.

I’d have to count the number of times we actually open the roof on one hand. On the odd occasion to cool the car quicker but most of the time it’s just the open/bright/light feeling in the cabin with the blind fully retracted.

Would I pay the premium to have it again? For the extra ~$25-30 a month in repayments I’d say it’s worth it. However for me it’s still a nice to have rather than must have so if you can get a much better deal on a non-roof car I’d also seriously consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 07-01-2020 at 06:45 AM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

On 35+ days I close the blind at work- for parking (minimal) temperature benefits.

Otherwise my blind is open all the time. No heat issues for me- and I’m soft!

Are you ‘challenged’ in the follicle department? I could image that may change the sensation.

Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    Hi all, first post here. I have been planning a Tig purchase and IS38 swap for a while but I am wondering about the thermals on the moonroof.

I am 6ft and when I took one for a test drive, on a clear 28c Adelaide day, the glass was radiating some heat through the closed blind onto my head.

Have you noticed this yourselves and how have your experiences been on the hottest days/weeks this summer? Can it become annoying, does the AC perform well or need to be maxed out, things like that.
    I’ve got the sunroof in Adelaide and to be honest I only close the blind on days over around 35degrees. I am 6’5” however I do tend to wear caps when I’m out so this probably helps.

The blind is pretty effective at cutting out heat.

I was a little in 2 minds whether to get it but my wife said it was a definite must have. Now we have it I’m not disappointed with the decision as it’s a proper panoramic roof and does open up the car and make it a lot lighter/brighter.

I was in 2 minds but glad we got it. It makes the interior a lot more airy.

Especially if you’re going R-line as these used to have a black roof liner ( not sure what colour they are now).

Hot days are not an issue just close the blind. I only open the roof on the odd occasion to let out hot air or on those sunny mid-20’s days when it’s the time you wish you had a convertible.

If I were to buy again I’d get the sunroof.

Users Country Flag
    On a +40deg days you can feel a bit of heat coming through the blind, but like others have said, the AC copes well and it’s only slightly warmer. I’m glad I got one and would get it again...no regrets

Had my 132 for 3 days and the sunroof has been opened on every drive. Surprised how much more claustrophobic the cabin feels with the blind shut. Love it.

Users Country Flag
    And the 132 has the lighter roof lining yeah?
    the 162 has the black roof liner, and agree it makes it so much brighter.
    This time of year, my sun blind is never closed.

Most of Allspaces I see around have panoramic roof and I feel it’d be nice to have as it brightens up the interior especially with R-line package and kids would love it as well in the backseat. But I hear it’s different to the little sunroof on MK6 GTI so I found some information online - 6 Reasons to Avoid a Panoramic Sunroof – TopGearbox

They all make sense and it even made me and my wife think over and we are leaning towards not getting it but still not 100% sure. We are now being told most of Allspaces come equipped with one in Australia and it is very rare to find one without it. Owners’ experiences here are all very positive and even in the poll on Vortex forum nil issues outnumber leaks and other problems.

So I have a question, they say the rigidity and integrity of the car is not so much affected as they have to pass a test to prove it can bear 4 times the weight of the car on it and it depends on strong steel of ABC pillars and not the glass itself. Unlucky if your car rolls over and lands on the glass directly hitting an uneven surface or an object but what about if the car was hit from the back? Is there any chance that the glass will be moved or misaligned from twisted or impacted forces, even without realising it at the time causing all sorts of alignment and possibly leaking and breakage issues in the glass post accident. Like when you go over a speed hump or driving on a freeway at high speeds they just get cracked or exploded due to previous accidents.

Maybe it’s too extreme but that might be one of the things to consider as well as drainage/leaks and sun shades issues like someone mentioned here - which I also came across a case of previous gen Tiguan that was not covered under warranty? Is it worth it to have one? With electric motor, rails and etc up there in the roof?..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast