Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Reverse Camera looks Off Angle - is this the same for others ?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Went to dealer for scheduled 360 camera re-calibration. They needed the car half a day.

On pickup they said they "confirmed" the 360 camera is misaligned however they didn't do any work. WTF ?? They had already 'confirmed' there was an issue when I took it in for the last service and now another half a day wasted to confirm the same.

I would need to bring it back another day and leave it for 2 days to 'DO' the actual re-calibration. WTF ??

I asked them why 2 days when this should take 1 - 2 hrs and that's when they said it will take them 2 days as they have 'never' re-calibrated a 360 camera before. What bizzaro world am I living in

Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    I can provide full calibration of any areaView 2 system for VW Skoda Audi if you are in Sydney
    Hey buddy, how long should it take to normally re-calibrate a 360 camera ?

Am I better taking this somewhere else ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 18-01-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post

Yes, if this is work under warranty than ring around until you find a dealer with the ability to do it. Make sure you speak to the service manager not the service advisors. You could try VW Customer Care(less) to see who is out there, you may get lucky and find someone who even knows what you are talking about
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 18-01-2021 at 08:56 PM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Users Country Flag
    Hi FastMitch,
    process once all boards all properly aligned per VW 360 ArewView 2 Calibration factory instructions , it take only few seconds Preparing car and aligning boards and tools around, measuring correct distance with 360D special calibration boards it can take up 10 minutes with 2x trained persons. Offcourse if they knowledgeable and already done before calibration Areaview 2 process

Users Country Flag
    Hey buddy, how long should it take to normally re-calibrate a 360 camera ?

Had mine recalibrated a month ago at my local dealer, took them 4 hours from when they eventually started the process. They had the car for 7 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    Had mine recalibrated a month ago at my local dealer, took them 4 hours from when they eventually started the process. They had the car for 7 hours.
    What problem did you have with the 360 camera's that required them to be re-calibrated ?

Did they do a good job and fix all the 360 camera issues ?

Can I ask which dealer in VIC it was ?

Users Country Flag
    What problem did you have with the 360 camera's that required them to be re-calibrated ?

Did they do a good job and fix all the 360 camera issues ?

Can I ask which dealer in VIC it was ?
    The front and rear images didn't quite line up with the sides when parked against a kerb or in a parking space.

Regarding the re-calibration, they did an OK job. The end result isn't perfect, but it's good enough. They initially wanted to charge me full price ($300), despite still being under warranty, as they claim the skewed image was due to having the car lowered (it was lowered 18+ months ago and only became skewed very recently). As such, they agreed to charge me $100 instead. So for a $100 job, I'm satisfied.

It was with Waverley VW. They're an OK bunch, but I wouldn't recommend them, nor would I recommend you steer clear. They're just there.

Thanks mate

Users Country Flag
    Tiguan Reverse Camera looks Off Angle - is this the same for others ?-pxl_20210120_064145925-copy-jpg

Looks like I'll be taking my Tig in to get the re-calibration done too. This is what the view looks like. Passenger side is ok. Drivers side is out of alignment.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauend View Post
    Tiguan Reverse Camera looks Off Angle - is this the same for others ?-pxl_20210120_064145925-copy-jpg

Looks like I'll be taking my Tig in to get the re-calibration done too. This is what the view looks like. Passenger side is ok. Drivers side is out of alignment.
    Yep, the right drivers side is quite out of alignment.

How does VW get this so wrong straight out of the factory ?

How does VW get this so wrong straight out of the factory ?
    Probably not wrong from factory, more like the dealership has needed to repair the vehicle prior to delivery - something like removing the passenger mirror to repair, and didn't notice it out of calibration.

You would be surprise to know how many brand new cars clock up their first km's going to a panel beater.
    Last edited by Flipper Dog; 26-01-2021 at 11:21 AM.
    Flipper Dog
    Now - T-Roc 140TSI, Audi Q5 40TDI
    Past VWs- Golf 6, 7 and 7.5, Touareg 7L and 7P, Passat B5.5, Polo MK3, Polo MK4 and GTI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast