Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan R edition?

Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    Even better would be the twin turbo V6 from the Porsche Macan Turbo....

I have always thought that you should be able to pick a engine / transmission combo from the suit of VW owned parts when ordering a new car, not just have the doesel / petrol option..
    We can only live in hope. Until then you’ll have to buy a second-hand Porsche.

As VW owns both brands they don’t want to steal sales from the own brands but from other manufacturers.

The 162TSI is already the most capable performing SUV in the sub 60k price range.

Making an R version makes sense but only really for markets like Australia that buys the performance models.

Otherwise it’s just a bit of a branding exercise and I think VW (and a lot of other manufacturers) are trying to appeal to the mainstream rather than the enthusiast which is in reality only a small segment of the new car market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

I think the likelihood of a Tiguan with an RS3 engine is very low.. as much as we would love to see it, it wouldn’t stack up commercially.

It would have to be with Golf R engine just like the T Roc R. It already exists in a Vag suv - the Cupra Ateca.

The new CUPRA Ateca | CUPRA

Now it’s just a question of when will we see it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofVW View Post
    I think the likelihood of a Tiguan with an RS3 engine is very low.. as much as we would love to see it, it wouldn’t stack up commercially.

It would have to be with Golf R engine just like the T Roc R. It already exists in a Vag suv - the Cupra Ateca.

The new CUPRA Ateca | CUPRA

Now it’s just a question of when will we see it.
    I’m ok with a Golf R engine but the main thing is at what price point? If it’s gonna be in the low $70k then it brings other luxury Euro cars into the equation?

I think for a SUV geared towards families then do we need that much power in a family car?

————————————————————
    Black Wolfsburg with panoroof ordered in Oct arriving Jan (now Feb) thanks to naughty Stink bugs
    Black Wolfy with Panoroof on order - Arriving mid Jan......

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturnofVW View Post
    With the announcement of the T Roc R the Tiguan R must be in the pipeline ?

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/vol...burgring-video
    If we get that T-ROC then there will be a Tiguan for sale. A Tiguan R will be getting into the $70,000 territory so no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    If we get that T-ROC then there will be a Tiguan for sale. A Tiguan R will be getting into the $70,000 territory so no thanks.
    You will be waiting a couple of years at least. We are not even getting standard t-roc in the forseeable future.

Besides why get an suv that small. Defeats the purpose. If you can live with that size why wouldnt you just get a golf r?

It depends on the purpose, mine is different to just about everyone else's. I would buy a Golf R tomorrow but due to age and health issues I find it really difficult to get into our present Golf Performance due to the seat height and bolsters and my wife finds it even more difficult and five years down the track I most probably won't be able to get into one at all. The Tiguan offers a seat height that we can live with and I hope that the TROC will do the same, I can vinyl wrap the coloured dashboard. I can see your point, I would have an R in a heartbeat if I could.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post
    I think for a SUV geared towards families then do we need that much power in a family car?
    The problem is exactly that mindset, that SUVs are ONLY for families. Some of us want them for practical or health-related reasons, not for the 2nd (or 3rd) row of seats, but I'm a boy-racer at heart and I don't want some docile tractor like a SantaFe.

I don't/won't have children, but I am 6'6" and a pretty fat bastard at 120kg. I struggle to find a car that I fit in comfortably.
    I would prefer a higher ingress/egress position due to considerable arthritis in my knees, however I would prefer something with a larger/easier loading capacity, like an SUV/wagon, for things such as bikes and camping equipment, when the arthritis isn't flaring up.

My existing Octavia 3 wagon is awesome, but the 162 and FWD just isn't the right blend, in their flagship "performance" model. It just doesn't make sense that the "family" Superb has the balls-out Golf R running gear.

Therefore, I've recently been looking at trading for a Tiggy. My first test drive I fell in love instantly. The seating position and comfort was just miles ahead of the Skodas I've owned or tested. I physically fit better in the seat, but that 162 in such a big heavy car just isn't quite enough.
    The AWD is a bonus though.

Secondly, this mindset that VAG are "stealing sales from their own brands" is just rubbish.
    A sale is a sale. If your customers want a particular variant of your vehicles, they're going to spend the money regardless.
    Isn't it better to offer the full range of engines, in the full range of vehicles... this mindset that "oh, a 206/213 R engine, in a Tiguan, is going to take sales away from the Macan S or the SQ3" is just rubbish, as those cars are priced SOOOO much higher up the range.

I - and many others - want a comfortable, practical SUV from the VAG stable, that is "family" priced, and has a full-on balls-out sporty variation.

Hell, even the Skoda Kodiaq Sportline - the "performance" version of that model, only comes with a 132kw engine, I think... it doesn't even get the 162! What the hell are these people thinking?
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon
    (Race Blue, DSG, Tech pack, Comfort pack, 18" Black pack, panoramic sunroof, auto tailgate)

Previous: 2012 Mazda 6 Diesel // 2001 Subaru Liberty STi // 1991 Subaru Liberty RS Turbo // VK Holden Commodore // Subaru Leone // Mazda RX-808 // Mitsubishi Magna // 1971 Mazda R100 Coupe

The good thing about the 162 is that it’s upgrade ability with aftermarket parts.

I think even if VW did bring out a Tig R with 206 motor people would still be tuning these up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpheus2k View Post

Given supercar manufacturers are making SUV's with supercar power, yes we need that much power in a family car..
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast