Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan at the panel beaters thread - confessions

Blog Entries

Unhappy Tiguan at the panel beaters thread - confessions

piggy backing off this tread;
    My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Seems quite a few people have had little or not so little mishaps with their Tiguan.

Has yours been damaged and if so, how was the repair?

My missus recently left the rear passanger door open when reversing out of the garage... there went the diamond status AAMI insurance premium discount on top of the crippling excess payment

Car is back now, door looks good. But being in an accident, some dealers may not touch it resale time.
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    I wrote about our experience in the thread you mentioned - car was a week and a half and under 1000km old when my wife got hit doing a legal u-turn. Another driver was coming onto the road from a service lane and didn't see her. Smacked pretty hard into the left-rear wheel.

New wheel ($2400!) from Germany and they also replaced the wheel hub, wheel bearing, control arm, strut, rear bumper. Took about 5 weeks due to getting it back together and the suspension not being quite right and having to order more parts that had to come from Germany but we eventually got it back and it's like absolutely brand new.

Amex Autobody in Heidelberg West in Melbourne's NE suburbs were awesome.

Users Country Flag
    Any recommendations for a good quality, easy to use touch up kit?
    I’ve googled plenty but a recommendation from someone who has successfully used one is always better

I scraped the rear guard down to the metal, only small but gonna rust if I don’t treat it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Any recommendations for a good quality, easy to use touch up kit?
    I’ve googled plenty but a recommendation from someone who has successfully used one is always better

I scraped the rear guard down to the metal, only small but gonna rust if I don’t treat it...
    I was very lucky, the repairer gave me one.

Mine got rear ended about 6 weeks ago now. Was stopped at the lights and a drunk plowed into the back doing around 60km. Got the car back after 5 weeks, was around $10k worth of damage. I was thinking of selling it, but has come back good as new, wouldn't know it's been in an accident. Just got back from a 3 day trip to Adelaide and it handled it like a champ, not a rattle/squeak or anything and some of the roads in far west Victoria after Nhill are pretty crap, bounced around all over the place.
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Took a small chunk (pinhead) out of the back book sill pulling the tent out of the car... pretty noticeable on a white car Wife was not impressed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by braddersnz View Post
    Took a small chunk (pinhead) out of the back book sill pulling the tent out of the car... pretty noticeable on a white car Wife was not impressed
    Use touch up paint, don't it on mine on door and bumper. Installed the sill protestor on the weekend

Users Country Flag
    Hi mine white R line 1 week old went to Macquarie shopping centre to see a movie then returned and spotted the dent from at least 50m right on the crease line passenger side front door, I didnt even go near it was disappointed as how some people just dont care. Anyway had paintlless dent removal fix it $150. And only I know where it was, great job.

Dropped one of my bikes on mine. Right hand rear door got a 2cm gouge from the brake lever, not easily visible as it's right near the crease line down the bottom.

Pissed me off no end at the time, but washed it on the weekend and didn't even notice it! So I'll leave it there.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Our 5 week old RLine got burn't last night when our garage caught fire, believe it was a rechargable screw driver I had plugged in. Damage to front bumper and drivers headlight also maybe a dent in the roof where the door opener fell on it. Waiting for it to be assessed. Busy day today sorting out the garage. [ATTACH=CONFIG]34282[/Tiguan at the panel beaters thread - confessions-20180705_083011-jpgATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiguan at the panel beaters thread - confessions-20180705_082929-jpg  
    Current: MkVI Golf GTI. Tiguan 162 Highline Pure white, DAP/Rline/Sun.
    Gone: Tiguan 103TDI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast