Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burger Motorsports EA888 Intake

Users Country Flag

Burger Motorsports EA888 Intake

Burger Motorsports EA888 Intake-ea888intakefeatured-510x600-png
    Hi,
    I have just received my Burger Motorsports Intake and muffler delete. I will be fitting it tonight and reply with how the kit looks, fits and quality. Is anyone running one of these kits on their Tig? If so, how did it shape up? I have been ensured that it will fit the Tig as the kits is for the 7.5 GTI. Once the kit is on I will be going to Marsanic Motorsports for a tune (believe it will be a harding tune) and report what the final power figures are.
    At the time of tune the Tig will have the above kit and muffler delete fitted as well as the res delete and the cat back exhaust done.
    My car is a 2017 162tsi Tig.

Users Country Flag
    That's the turbo inlet pipe in the kit, not the muffler delete.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I have have both, just didn't put up a pick of the turbo muffler delete.

Users Country Flag
    Did you order the one without the “Air Pimp Fitting”? The GTI engine has this where as the Tiguan (and Golf R and S3) engines don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    Did you order the one without the “Air Pimp Fitting”? The GTI engine has this where as the Tiguan (and Golf R and S3) engines don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhh yes, Sorry I forgot to mention that. I ordered the kit without the air pump fitting.

Install

Hi all fitted the burger motorsports intake kit and turbo muffler delete, pictures below.

Attachment 34229
    Attachment 34230
    Attachment 34231
    Attachment 34232

I was impressed with the overall quality of the Kit. It was packed well and fairly straight forward to install. I followed the auto instruct removal how to for the intake and muffler delete. I then followed the instructions on the Burger motorsports website for the install of the intake.

Tools Required:
    T25 torque bit with driver
    phillips head and flat head screw drivers
    7mm socket and spanner
    5mm allen key (long)
    Following the instructions the whole job took 45min, I did clean the inlet and outlet of the turbo of oil. My Tig has done 18000ks. I also Inspected the compressor wheel of the turbo as well just to be sure it was serviceable. I am an Aircraft Technician by trade so my OCD gets the best of me at times. The Install was pretty straight forward just do the reverse of the removal haha. I would suggest check tightening all bolts etc after the first drive though, just good practice.

First Start Up:
    I was super excited to test out the intake and test my handy work hahaha. Induction noise at start up and idle is barely noticeable with the bonnet closed. That was a plus as my wife doesn't want it sounding like my 180sx haha. From the get go the throttle response has improved and the mid range punch was harder than I expected.

Driving it normally you get a slight induction noise in the cabin. It is only when the front windows are down that you can really hear the intake and devertor valve. All in all I am really happy with the kit and how it performs. The only down side with the kit, it didn't come with the required o rings. I manage to find some in my O ring kit.

Next step for me is upgrading the down pipe and stage two tune. If anyone has found a down pipe locally please let me know. At this stage I am looking at getting my local exhaust shop to make the down pipe to suit the front res delete they did last week.
    Last edited by Bmos87; 26-06-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hi BMOS87
    There are a few stage 2 Tigs out there. The CTS Golf R downpipe sounds like it fits without modification, there are a number of places online that sell it for around $1099. Is there a reason you didn’t go Burger motorsports for their box tune (JB1/JB4) ? All the best with the build.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Tiggy View Post
    Hi BMOS87
    There are a few stage 2 Tigs out there. The CTS Golf R downpipe sounds like it fits without modification, there are a number of places online that sell it for around $1099. Is there a reason you didn’t go Burger motorsports for their box tune (JB1/JB4) ? All the best with the build.
    Hi Melbourne_Tiggy, I have looked at the CTS Golf R down pipe, but being that its for a Golf R does it bolt up to the Tigs turbo? I just saw that autoinstruct sell it for $1099, I plan on going to my local exhaust shop and getting them to price me up building one as well. I want to ceramic heat coat it and it would be a shame to cover the nice chrome look . I didn't go for the Burger motorsport tune box for two main reasons. Firstly I don't really trust plug n play tune boxes, though I will admit I haven't had any experience with the JB1/JB4. Have you used either of them? Secondly the owner of tune shop is a long time friend and he is using the Tig as his promotional VAG car, so the prices are pretty dam good haha.
    I will do some more re-search about the JB1/4 this arvo.

Users Country Flag
    I am getting my downpipe next week and stage 2 shortly after that, and yes the mating flange on the GTI/R turbo exhaust housing is the same and bolts to the factory tig exhaust.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    I am getting my downpipe next week and stage 2 shortly after that, and yes the mating flange on the GTI/R turbo exhaust housing is the same and bolts to the factory tig exhaust.
    Did you get the CTS downpipe? If so you wont need the front rest cut out, as it looks like the downpipe comes with a front pipe that fits to the slip joint just aft of the front resonator.
    Did you get yours from Australia?
    I spoke to my exhaust shop today, we should be able to knock up a 3.5inch dump with flexi without to much drama. Will just need to use a downpipe off a tig to mock up the jig.
    Anyone have their old downpipe I can borrow haha???? The wife will kill me if I take the downpipe of our tig and she can't drive it haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast