Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks

Users Country Flag

Yeh pretty sure the 47” was mine too
    Forgot to say the front was a tiny bit fiddly to install and hence why I’ve just left mine on now. I was happy with a longer install for what I think is a much better outcome looks wise. The longer bars just look silly at the front and back with that much overhang. Like it doesn’t sound like much but another 75mm is abit.

Users Country Flag
    Couple roof rack stores I spoke to don't think the 108cm would fit instead of the 118cm bars as suggested for the wagon.. 100mm of a step down sounds like its too big of a difference.

Thanks all

EDIT: Are the sizes given on the websites the overall width at their widest point or is it just the bar excluding those end caps?

Users Country Flag
    Do the cars/wagons have the same bars as recommended initially? If they do I can’t see how a step down wouldn’t then fit

I just ran a tape over my edge strip channel and that was about 1175mm so 118cm/47” bar. End caps add a little xtra to the overall
    Last edited by smarty; 04-08-2022 at 06:56 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Recommended for the Alltrack is 118cm, next size down is 108cm. When I'm near a store, I'll pop in and see first hand.

Thanks for the measurement, I'll run a tape over my rails and see where 108cm lands.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ACID View Post
    Recommended for the Alltrack is 118cm, next size down is 108cm. When I'm near a store, I'll pop in and see first hand.

Thanks for the measurement, I'll run a tape over my rails and see where 108cm lands.
    The standard recommendation for the Tiguan was 127cm (50").

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me reviving a thread.

Recently purchased a 2018 Allspace and looking at roof rack options - with sunroof.
    Has anyone had experience with the Prorack / Yakima Flushbar system and know if it gets in the way of the sunroof?
    Aero Flush Bar Package for Volkswagen Tiguan | Prorack Australia
    Also looking at Thule Wingbar Evo and the Genuine VW option - would anyone have an idea how much the VW racks will set me back?

Many Thanks

Users Country Flag
    I installed the rhino rack vortex sx bars on my wife's my22 allspace with sunroof.

The front bars have ~20mm clearance when the sunroof is open. The sunroof doesn't reach the rear bars, but clearance would be less if it did (sunroof is higher at the back)

Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks-20221222_201620-jpg

Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks-20221222_201654-jpg

Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks-20221225_104243-jpg

Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks-20221225_104211-jpg
    Last edited by nermal; 25-12-2022 at 11:53 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Nice - thanks def worth considering. With all the sales at the moment it looks like the rhino will cost less than $250

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    I installed the rhino rack vortex sx bars on my wife's my22 allspace with sunroof.

The front bars have ~20mm clearance when the sunroof is open. The sunroof doesn't reach the rear bars, but clearance would be less if it did (sunroof is higher at the back)

Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks-20221222_201620-jpg
    Tiguan MK2 Roof Racks-20221222_201654-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pandas View Post
    Nice - thanks def worth considering. With all the sales at the moment it looks like the rhino will cost less than $250
    Just remember that you also need the feet that fix it to the rails. IIRC - I paid ~A$380 all in for the bars.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Yep I may have jumped the gun a little.
    Autobarn prices - bar is $75 , feet (x4). Rereading the ad I suspect the bar comes as a single, rather than pair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12