Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tiguan Mk 2.5 Facelift

Here's a new review:

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

well, the crappy reverse camera is a worry, and the fake exhaust isn't a great look either...

will have to start looking for some pricing to compare with current model, or wait for the facelift

It’s probably the same camera as the current golf/Tiguan/polo. May have had a bad one installed in the test car.m
    The current allspace has the fake exhaust vents too
    At least on the diesel- so even stupider!

Well I like the styling of the facelift but glad I have real buttons.

I think the same thing has happened with Mk8 Golf is that the engineers have been tasked with removing cost from the cars. The same thing happened with the Mk1.5 Tig facelift. A number of people felt the build quality went down as the engineers refined each component.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

I’ve never liked the front lights part of the mk2 Tiguan. Doesn’t look ‘nice’
    The mk7/7.5 golf and Passat front ends are much better.

So if this mk8 front end and improvements to drivetrain/interior tech were the only changes from mk2, it’d be good for me.

Like everything though, we’ll get used to touch surfaces pretty quick. They’ve been all the rage in the luxury brands (Land Rover group especially) for the last 3-4 years, and they get positive reviews.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    It’s probably the same camera as the current golf/Tiguan/polo. May have had a bad one installed in the test car.
    Certainly looked lower res than the current model, which I found significantly better quality than many of the similar SUVs when I was searching for a new car

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Here's a new review:

Looks like they have deleted the CD player and SD card slots in the glovebox - more cost cutting, but I certainly would not have missed it with  CarPlay/android auto is all I use

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Like everything though, we’ll get used to touch surfaces pretty quick. They’ve been all the rage in the luxury brands (Land Rover group especially) for the last 3-4 years, and they get positive reviews.
    Strong preference is that they don't go all touch.
    In the review it looks like the 9 inch Discover unit has physical dials for volume/tuning, unlike the current 9.3 inch version. Also wireless AA/Carplay is great addition.
    At least with the Land Rover Group they still have the physical two dials that have multi function depending on what you are doing.
    That would be the best of both worlds in my opinion - from reviews, have never used it though
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Yeah the current 9.2” unit is annoying. I miss the volume knob for quick changes.
    I also with there was a direct button for USB. So those two parts of the new system are wins!

Facelift confirmed to arrive in Q2 2021 with the same badging as Europe - Life, Elegance and R-Line models. No pricing released

Elegance and R-Line both get top of the range engines (162TSI and 147TDI) so looks like the Elegance is the equivalent of the Highline here today, and the Life is equivalent of the Comfortline with the 110TSI and 132TSI engines.

Not much else confirmed apart from IQ Drive as standard across the range, and matrix headlights and Harmon Kardon sound available as upgrades.

Hopefully that means digital cockpit is standard now to go with IQ Drive.

2021 Volkswagen Tiguan model range outlined, expected to be top-selling VW next year | CarAdvice

Users Country Flag
    The Active Info Display dials look really basic, and well, pretty cheap actually.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag

Very happy they've brought back the diesels for us country folk. 147/420nm new diesel looks pretty good on paper. I also like the non leather seats which look v comfortable.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345