Thread: Tiguan LED Headlights Dim and Angled Too Low?

Users Country Flag

Tiguan LED Headlights Dim and Angled Too Low?

So just did my first decent night drive in the Tiguan Wolfsburg - both on quiet streets and highway driving. Throughout the drive, I could not help but feel the headlights being angled too low, and not enough of 'beam throw' into the distance. Being the Highline version, its fitted with the Dynamic LED headlamps.

Also felt the lights to be a little dim for my liking (I'm comparing it to bi-xenons in my beamer).

Has anyone had similar thoughts regarding low angle and dimness?? Or is this just me..

Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for that, should probably trawl through the search function first. But really was throwing it out there with other Tiguan owners who would have to drive at night at some point. Not a lot chatter/complaining about the lack of low beam throw? Unless mine is similar to a handful on that thread that came out misaligned from factory?

Are you sure you where in full high beam and not in Auto mode?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The DLA enabled headlights for the Tiguan are among the brightest headlights fitted to a car. They’re excellent for coverage and projection.

There was one other person with their lights set too low. They went to the dealer and the dealer reprogrammed them- problem fixed.

If you’re a diy person, the link provided is likely good

Just talking about low beam angle, but I was on Auto. Being on Auto shouldn't make a difference..

Quote Originally Posted by jeromeo View Post
    Are you sure you where in full high beam and not in Auto mode?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm thinking I'll be doing that too. So its not a manual job from the dealer right? As in they will apply some 'science' through programming to ensure its still levelled but at a higher angle? Alway weary when its taken to the dealer's black box - never know how they approach problems

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    The DLA enabled headlights for the Tiguan are among the brightest headlights fitted to a car. They’re excellent for coverage and projection.

There was one other person with their lights set too low. They went to the dealer and the dealer reprogrammed them- problem fixed.

If you’re a diy person, the link provided is likely good