Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan IS38 and Big turbo upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    All the 2020 RS3 tests show them alot slower than previous versions because of the particulate filter...
    It’s all good, Audi are offering to remove the filter for you but I have already had it organised. Not much can dampen the spirits!

Users Country Flag
    Awesome vehicle.. enjoy mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    Awesome vehicle.. enjoy mate!

Thanks Rexman 👍
    I’m pretty excited.

Users Country Flag
    Had a run in Mexico with a GLC43 AMG. Went from behind him at the lights around and 2-3 cars infront. At the next set of lights he looked totally confused as to how hes AMG was beaten by a VW..
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    Had a run in Mexico with a GLC43 AMG. Went from behind him at the lights around and 2-3 cars infront. At the next set of lights he looked totally confused as to how hes AMG was beaten by a VW..
    Love it!!

2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Lol nice one....
    VW Tiguan 162 TSI Highline w/ R-Line & DAP. Mods: OEM IS38 turbo, APR IS38 98 RON ECU tune, TVS Stage 2 + with custom TCU tune, APR Downpipe and resonator delete, APR turbo inlet, VWR turbo muffler delete, APR pendulum mount, APR dog bone insert, APR Open Pod Filter (MQB), RAMAIR intake tube, APR Red Ignition Coils, NGK R7437-9 Spark Plugs, DBA T3 slotted rotors front and T2 slotted rotors rear, ATE ceramic pads front and rear Vbox: 0-100 4.1s

Just a quick update regarding my 2020 RS3. About a week after agreeing on a deal and getting a contract emailed, I found a very low KLM 2018 RS3 through word of mouth. Just had it’s first service done and 15,600 on the clock. They were chasing 88k for it. After two weeks of haggling and 3 bumps up on trade in deal to get it across the line I traded in my 18 model Tiguan 162 Wolfie and handed over 18K and I now own an absolute MINT RS3. It’s as new as one could be, smells like new inside and not a single mark on it.

I didn’t sign the contract on the new one, so I rang the dealership and pulled out of the deal, which was still conditional. For those guys who have messaged me about what sort of price I negotiated the new car I’ve tried to message you back but for some reason an error message comes up. Let me assure you that 95k is achievable drive away on a Carbon edition 2020 5 door. The deal I had was even less due to some GST discounts through business.

My new car costs me $50 a week more than my Tig, cars like these two can’t be compared but my Wolfie was easily the best car I’ve ever owned, up until this RS3 purchase. Best little SUV on the market and we loved everything about it except that annoying DSG rattle some seem to have. I’ve had the RS3 for a few weeks now, I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s definitely mine. Bargains are to be had guys, it’s a buyers market and I only lost a 4 grand on my Tig. I couldn’t have hired a car for that period of time and 4K so I’m wrapped with it. It’s never fun negotiating car prices and trades etc, but at the end of the day it’s hard earned cash, if you get laughed at with your offer like I did to start with, let it slide. 2 days later I was called and the negotiation recommenced.

The RS3 goes like stink. In the two weeks I’ve owned it, It’s accounted for a late model 370KW HSV on an empty highway pull late at night (two runs from 100kph) a Stinger GT, Golf R, and an M3 from the lights and a tuned S3 (to what length I do not know) but he got a car length on me off the line but once I hit 2nd the mid range torque just done it’s thing and it was good night.

I ordered a Dragy and 3 days later it arrived, along with a dog bone insert. The Dragy is awesome, so easy to use and nothing hanging from the windscreen. No power source required just charge it up, let if find satellites, download the App and the rest is self explanatory.
    The RS3’s first two runs 0-100 recorded 4.1 seconds, 3rd and 4th run the car lost a few tenths no doubt due to heat soak and 33 degree temperatures, times recorded were with a full tank of fuel. I have no doubt that in cooler ambient air temps and a lower fuel load a flat 4 is a walk in the park in standard trim.

Stage 1 ECU tune and E85 map is just around the corner. Thanks again everyone out there who gave up their experience and nouse on Tig mods, much appreciated. Great forum, great, helpful people. I’ve sold the APR main carbon intake and carbon inlet pipe, this will help pay for the first stage of tuning on the RS3. Cheers lads. 👍

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburger View Post
    I’ve sold the APR main carbon intake and carbon inlet pipe, this will help pay for the first stage of tuning on the RS3. Cheers lads. 
    Are you going APR stage 1 or with a custom tune
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

APR stage 1 and E85 map mate. Mainly due to proximity of tuners and experience with an identical car running this exact tune and fuel map, and has done since it was new. Seriously impressive and cost effective. With Corn juice @$1.50 per litre, and a price that doesn’t fluctuate, it’s going to stay on E85 as a daily driver and I live close to pump E85 which is handy. Will be doing oil and filter changes at 5000klms though and obviously running NGK-R plugs.

Intercooler upgrade a little further down the track, same with downpipe. I’m still deciding on which DP to go with. Anyways, back over to you guys running IS38 and other turbos on your Tigs!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburger View Post
    APR stage 1 and E85 map mate. Mainly due to proximity of tuners and experience with an identical car running this exact tune and fuel map, and has done since it was new. Seriously impressive and cost effective. With Corn juice @$1.50 per litre, and a price that doesn’t fluctuate, it’s going to stay on E85 as a daily driver and I live close to pump E85 which is handy. Will be doing oil and filter changes at 5000klms though and obviously running NGK-R plugs.

Intercooler upgrade a little further down the track, same with downpipe. I’m still deciding on which DP to go with. Anyways, back over to you guys running IS38 and other turbos on your Tigs!
    Thanks for your contribution. All the best with your rs3! Great bang for bucks with e85 stage 1.
    VW Tiguan 162 TSI Highline w/ R-Line & DAP. Mods: OEM IS38 turbo, APR IS38 98 RON ECU tune, TVS Stage 2 + with custom TCU tune, APR Downpipe and resonator delete, APR turbo inlet, VWR turbo muffler delete, APR pendulum mount, APR dog bone insert, APR Open Pod Filter (MQB), RAMAIR intake tube, APR Red Ignition Coils, NGK R7437-9 Spark Plugs, DBA T3 slotted rotors front and T2 slotted rotors rear, ATE ceramic pads front and rear Vbox: 0-100 4.1s

Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast