Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan IS38 and Big turbo upgrades

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Tiggy View Post
    Hi,

We know that the APR and CTS MQB AWD downpipes wil fit.

The latest revisons:
    06K 145 722 H
    06K 145 722 T

Try those part numbers with your mate for pricing. Cheers
    Thanks Melbourne_Tiggy, will send over these part numbers and update once I get a reply.
    As for installing DP, can you just upgrade it without doing a ECU tune? Im leaning towards just doing DP & JB4 to begin with, then do the IS38 later. Have already done the resonator delete.
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI, Deep Black Pearl, R-Line, Sunroof, DAP | Ordered 6th Jan 17 | Delivered Nov 17

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TIG162R View Post
    Thanks Melbourne_Tiggy, will send over these part numbers and update once I get a reply.
    As for installing DP, can you just upgrade it without doing a ECU tune? Im leaning towards just doing DP & JB4 to begin with, then do the IS38 later. Have already done the resonator delete.
    If you don’t get a tune with a DP and highflow cat you most likely get a cat efficiency CEL. I’m not familiar with a JB4 and whether it can remove the CEL, I know most tunes code this CEL out. Perhaps an O2 sensor spacer like a Vibrant J spacer might work.

If you don’t get a tune with a DP and highflow cat you most likely get a cat efficiency CEL. I’m not familiar with a JB4 and whether it can remove the CEL, I know most tunes code this CEL out. Perhaps an O2 sensor spacer like a Vibrant J spacer might work.
    You'd have to get a spacer if you're running a JB4. But I kind of can't see the point in a way as you're not going to pull off your DP every time you go into service so it kind of defeats the purpose...

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    The Stone Exhaust DP claims to have a Patented O2 sensor technology design provides real time data performance by accurately sensing every rotating displacement. No more delayed or error code problem....

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    But I kind of can't see the point in a way as you're not going to pull off your DP every time you go into service so it kind of defeats the purpose...
    But would the DP void warranty on the whole engine, I thought ECU Tune would cause more issues in terms of voiding warranty?
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI, Deep Black Pearl, R-Line, Sunroof, DAP | Ordered 6th Jan 17 | Delivered Nov 17

Users Country Flag
    Hi,

We know that the APR and CTS MQB AWD downpipes wil fit.

In terms of IS38 model numbers, the models below were prone to failure:

06K 145 702 J (first revision);
    06K 145 702 N (second revision); and,
    06K 145 722 A (third revision).

So avoid those.

The latest revisons:
    06K 145 722 H
    06K 145 722 T

Try those part numbers with your mate for pricing. Cheers
    The IS38 I've got is 06k 145 874 F
    wondering if that's a good model as well?
    VW Tiguan 162TSI R-line 2018 - IS38 + DP + CTS inlet + Tarmac custom tune
    Mazda 3 MPS 2010 - gtx2867r, fmic, 3.5in intake, hpfp, 3in downpipe, Cobb accesport, PD Tune

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, What's the CTS Turbo DP you are installing cause when I contacted them they said there was no DP yet for our model?
    I've come across a company called Stone Exhaust who do have a DP & full exhaust system with valvetronic. The only dealer in Oz is based in Syd & they have quoted me $2500 just for the DP supplied & fitted, but have also said I will need a ECU Tune because there will be over boost. Thoughts on if this is true & necessary & is price tag o $2500 for DP instaled reasonable?

Also I have a mate that works at VW Parts, not promising anything but I can ask him if he can get us the IS38 & pricing. What should I be asking him specifically?
    Ours is the CTS Golf R MK7 downpipe. I haven't fitted it yet, but it will fit well. I got mines for $1000 AUD. I was quoted around $900 for labour for install (installing both DP and IS3. So I think $2500 is too pricey just for DP...
    VW Tiguan 162TSI R-line 2018 - IS38 + DP + CTS inlet + Tarmac custom tune
    Mazda 3 MPS 2010 - gtx2867r, fmic, 3.5in intake, hpfp, 3in downpipe, Cobb accesport, PD Tune

Users Country Flag
    It will take a good 4hrs to install the downpipe.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    The Stone Exhaust DP claims to have a Patented O2 sensor technology design provides real time data performance by accurately sensing every rotating displacement. No more delayed or error code problem....

But would the DP void warranty on the whole engine, I thought ECU Tune would cause more issues in terms of voiding warranty?
    Stone DP claims??? The CEL problem is because the second 02 sensor is before the CAT on an aftermarket DP
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by jcheung_23 View Post
    The IS38 I've got is 06k 145 874 F
    wondering if that's a good model as well?
    I’ll update my list, that model was released March 2018 and is the latest revision, great stuff.

Tiguan IS38 and Big turbo upgrades

Hi All, I’ve taken much of my inspiration from this forum over many months, so thought with this thread I’d finally share the work I’ve done (so far) to my MY18 Black Tiguan 162 R Line with DAP & Pano;

- APR Stage 2 Tune
    - APR AWD Cast Downpipe
    - APR DQ500 Pendulum Mount
    - CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe
    - CTS Turbo Muffler Delete
    - K&N Air Filter & Snow Grate Removed
    - ECS Silicone Inlet Hose & Airbox Mod
    - ECS Subframe Mount (Dog Bone)
    - GFB DV+ (Diverter Valve)
    - Forge Motorsports Turbo Blanket
    - MK7.5 Golf R Exhaust (Quad Pipes Angled Down)
    - AWE Switchpath Remote (Open/Close Exhaust Valves Instantly)
    - Alloy DSG Shift Paddles (Black)

Have also done my own personalisations via OBD11, debugged and professionally upgraded the speakers to Morel Splits (F&R) with a DB Euphoria Sub for extra ‘doof-doof’...

Brutal performance with a soundtrack to match! ... Next stage, an IS38 Upgrade with a TCU Tune and APR Exhaust Crackle! Tiguan IS38 and Big turbo upgradesTiguan IS38 and Big turbo upgrades
    Last edited by azza83; 22-07-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI R-Line, Black, DAP, Sunroof & Tow with APR Stage 2 Tune & DownPipe

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast