Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Higher Flow Air Intake Options

I ended up getting the Leyo motorsport intake and at first I was very dissappointed because I couldn't feel or hear anything different.

However, after about a month in, the induction noise has gotten better and sometimes there's also a flutter when you let go of the gas. I still don't feel any power gains or better throttle response from this mod that some people say they feel.

In my previous S3 (manual), the intake mod was definitely more noticeable in terms of noise and throttle response. Maybe because it was a manual, and maybe because it was a smaller / lighter car.

My opinion is you can do without this mod on the Tiguan.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaz0r View Post
    I ended up getting the Leyo motorsport intake and at first I was very dissappointed because I couldn't feel or hear anything different.

However, after about a month in, the induction noise has gotten better and sometimes there's also a flutter when you let go of the gas. I still don't feel any power gains or better throttle response from this mod that some people say they feel.

In my previous S3 (manual), the intake mod was definitely more noticeable in terms of noise and throttle response. Maybe because it was a manual, and maybe because it was a smaller / lighter car.

You could try removing the heat shield. It sounds like you were expecting an open pod filter, rather than a closed one

Hmm... I guess the Leyo intake is semi-closed and not fully enclosed like the APR or Racingline options.

But on my previous car I had a Forge Twintake which was fully enclosed and it was very different.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaz0r View Post

I agree with your sentiments regarding not needing the intake upgrade, but only if your not going any further with mods. If your sticking with stage 1 tune and nothing else I would definitely leave the standard airbox but if your going to stage 2 and 3 I would definitely get the intake done.

Users Country Flag
    If your doing stage 1, 2, 3 its simple to do the snow grate mod on the airbox, install an aftermarket panel filter like BMC, install new turbo inlet and inlet hose, fairly low cost intake mods. That's all I have done with IS38 upgrade on the intake side.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, I recently had this APR Intake installed on my 2017 Tiguan. I've driven in heavy rain with no issues so far but I do know the stock intake has a collection and discharge point for any water that manages to get in. The APR one doesn't appear to have this. Has anyone else got this or know how water may escape from this setup? Also worried about when I pressure wash the car now! Tiguan Higher Flow Air Intake Options-s-l1600-jpg
    The intake I have is pictured above^^

Users Country Flag
    Just drill a small hole in the bottom of the air intake if you are worried.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    But in all seriousness does anyone know how it handles water entry compared to the stock?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    But in all seriousness does anyone know how it handles water entry compared to the stock?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I dont know what you deemed as being not serious about my previous comment - honestly just drill a small 5mm hole in the bottom of the airbox if you are concerned about water. And FYI a few drops of water here and there isn't going to hurt your engine, you would need to direct the garden hose in there for a few seconds to cause any issues (or drive through some serious flood water).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Anyone tried the ECS Silicone Turbo Inlet? This kit from them including the K&N filter looks like an alright deal. I’d prefer to go dry filter though.

Assembled By ECS - 010944ecs01aKT - OE Performance Induction Package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2021 VW Tiguan Allspace Highline 162TSI R-Line (His)
    2018 Ford Escape ST-Line (Hers)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast