Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Higher Flow Air Intake Options

My word of advise is to run decent oil free filters and ones that are not made from foam.

Also, I suggest install an oil catch can (tank as the euro scene likes to call it). Because filtration of foreign matter has decreased, you'll find mixing a bit of dust with oil vapours will gum up the intake much quicker. Problems of a DI car, the intake doesn't get coated with fuel.

Guess you could use those intake cleaner sprays more frequently? Haha

Are the intakes for the Tiguan the same as the MK7 Golf GTI?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaz0r View Post
    Are the intakes for the Tiguan the same as the MK7 Golf GTI?
    Yep, sure is

Quote Originally Posted by Dose Pipe Sutututu View Post
    My word of advise is to run decent oil free filters and ones that are not made from foam.

Also, I suggest install an oil catch can (tank as the euro scene likes to call it). Because filtration of foreign matter has decreased, you'll find mixing a bit of dust with oil vapours will gum up the intake much quicker. Problems of a DI car, the intake doesn't get coated with fuel.

Guess you could use those intake cleaner sprays more frequently? Haha
    More dirt in the engine sounds good to me.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    More dirt in the engine sounds good to me.
    Doesn’t it just?

I was actually about to pull the trigger on purchasing a catch can over the Black Friday weekend sales, but realised there’s a good chance it’ll void my engine warranty, so decided against it.

I had an APR Main air intake ($900) and stage 2 intake pipe ($400) recently installed. Over priced to the max if you ask me at $1300. I decided to stick with APR as I have other mods and tune done using APR product. No induction noise at all, I reckon if anything it’s quieter than the standard air box with snow grate removed and res delete (not joking)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburger View Post
    I had an APR Main air intake ($900) and stage 2 intake pipe ($400) recently installed. Over priced to the max if you ask me at $1300. I decided to stick with APR as I have other mods and tune done using APR product. No induction noise at all, I reckon if anything it’s quieter than the standard air box with snow grate removed and res delete (not joking)
    The IE pod filter intake is great. Lots of induction noises if that’s what you’re after

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    The IE pod filter intake is great. Lots of induction noises if that’s what you’re after
    Thanks, Will likely leave it, just thought I’d clarify to others thinking of going down this path, based on reports from APR the induction sound would be louder than OEM, I can report otherwise. Not entirely unhappy with it but was expecting a little more than what I already had.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsburger View Post
    Thanks, Will likely leave it, just thought I’d clarify to others thinking of going down this path, based on reports from APR the induction sound would be louder than OEM, I can report otherwise. Not entirely unhappy with it but was expecting a little more than what I already had.
    A good heads up indeed. It’s a pity, as I totally understand the desire to use the one brand!

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    A good heads up indeed. It’s a pity, as I totally understand the desire to use the one brand!
    Yeh for sure, if there’s one thing I have learned through various modded cars it’s pick and stick. Each tuner has their own philosophy and data, easy to get caught up in that. The whoosh I was expecting didn’t arrive, maybe when the DP is installed it might combo up the induction sound, most report a slightly louder note engine wise. Time will tell. 👍

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast