Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Higher Flow Air Intake Options

Users Country Flag

Hard to say tigger, most of the video's apparently report low mileage (10K miles and under), some think it may be heat related. Given the age of most of the video's I'm inclined to think Racingline have addressed the issue with a new type of foam as the replacements looked different to the previous ones.

Just keep an eye on yours, you don't want that stuff getting sucked into your engine!

Users Country Flag
    Foam filters generally have no oil .... its the cotton filters (K&N typically) that need oil.

I have a MST on the Golf and can say I have been very impressed with it. Have had custom and APR Carbonios before on other cars before and do rate the MST as 1 of the best so far. I'd be seriously looking at a MST if I had a Tig Mk2.

That said my K&N Typhoon on the Mustang is awesome too.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    If anyone is after a BMC drop in air filter for the Tiguan 162 TSI, Sparesbox has 20% off, ends up being $80.76 and includes a free BMC filter cleaning kit:

BMC FB756/20

I’ve had this drop in for over 16k km and it’s doing really well, annual clean and oil is recommended.

Users Country Flag
    I have this filter in mine also

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    This looks good, but I can't see the filter cleaning kit? Scrap that, I see it's added in automatically.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    I have this filter in mine also
    And mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi INASNT and Hole46, do you notice any difference with that filter to noise or performance?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OZROD View Post
    Hi INASNT and Hole46, do you notice any difference with that filter to noise or performance?
    I installed mine and removed the snow guard at the same time. Slight noise increase. No discernible performance increase, although I don’t think any aftermarket intake would give you that, despite what the marketers claim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OZROD View Post
    Add in the CTS turbo inlet and racingline silicon hose and there is an increase in induction noise. DV+ diverter valve also adds some much needed noises.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag

Installed an IE CAI.

Had it in for about a month now, and loving the difference. After about 3 weeks it really started becoming more noticeable.

One thing to point out though, is that every time the engine comes back on, the vibration causes it to hit against the engine cover (top right corner). I’ve since trimmed the corner off, and it only knocks on cold starts. All knocking could be eliminated, but I wanted to preserve the integrity of the OEM appearance of the cover.

Pretty clear that their R&D on the GTI doesn’t extend to the Tiguan. But regardless, very happy with the look and the quality. Tiguan Higher Flow Air Intake Options-img_1591-jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast