Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: Tiguan Exhaust

Anyone want a free Golf R exhaust

I picked it up thinking I would install into the Tiguan but not doing it anymore.

Pickup from 2213, otherwise I am binning it

Users Country Flag
    Is it just the suitcase or the whole exhaust from the engine to the tips?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Hey mate - let me know if you still have this I can come past and pick it up if you do?

Hey mate, do you have any videos of this? Is it OK if you send me some, my instagram is zen91n_7.5r.

I ran into the same issue as you did with the drone and sound

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    It's 4x9 oval offset and 12in long.

Muffler mechanic said he had it for about 3 years on a shelf and was going to install a hot dog res when he remembered the magnaflow.
    He claimed the hot dog would sit too low whereas the magna fits just right.
    HTH

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Hey mate, do you have any videos of this? Is it OK if you send me some, my instagram is zen91n_7.5r.

I ran into the same issue as you did with the drone and sound

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Hi all,
    I'm still waiting for my new vehicle to arrive , hopefully good things are coming.

It is (will be) a '23/'24 DIESEL - 147TDI Tiguan R Line

As this will be my first VW group product, I'm looking for some information & guidance from this awesome knowledge base please.

I'm looking to change the exhaust system to achieve pipes to exit the rear bar on both sides through where those hideous fake trims are.

What donor vehicle am I looking for?
    Any suggestions as to where I should be looking & how much I might expect to pay?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTiggie View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm still waiting for my new vehicle to arrive , hopefully good things are coming.

It is (will be) a '23/'24 DIESEL - 147TDI Tiguan R Line

As this will be my first VW group product, I'm looking for some information & guidance from this awesome knowledge base please.

I'm looking to change the exhaust system to achieve pipes to exit the rear bar on both sides through where those hideous fake trims are.

What donor vehicle am I looking for?
    Any suggestions as to where I should be looking & how much I might expect to pay?

Cheers
    Apart from aesthetics why?

And if something goes pear shaped why give VWA a good reason to void your warranty?
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Users Country Flag
    Aesthetics are the primary motivation behind requesting information from the knowledge base regarding the proposed change indicated in Post #476 above.

VW's designers/engineers/marketers clearly believe that having visible, functioning tailpipes projecting rearwards is necessary on the upper-spec variants.

I'm of the opinion, as clearly are others who have expressed similar sentiments both in this thread & in other places, that the vehicle looks better/ sportier/ more appealing that way.

I suspect the "hideous fake trims" on the R Line are likely little more than a marketing tool - a physical/visual cue to step differentiate the ​various trim/model variants.

I'm not sure what potential future warranty claim/s could be jeopardised by substituting one VW family rear muffler/tailpipe assembly for another?

Each to their own

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTiggie View Post

I'm not sure what potential future warranty claim/s could be jeopardised by substituting one VW family rear muffler/tailpipe assembly for another?
    The diesel engines obviously have a different exhaust flow and back pressure requirements than petrol engine variants do so understanding the impact of that on the DPF and Adblue injection upstream would be handy to avoid any potential for a warranty claim.

From what I have been able to glean from the diesel engine variant specifications listed in the back of the manual there may not be an overseas diesel variant with the type of exhaust you are looking for.

And as you say there may be someone out there that can provide the information
    BeigeJet
    White MY23 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (mine)
    White MY21 Tiguan 147 TDI Elegance (wife)
    Gone - Wheat Beige MY07 Jetta TDI manual

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748