Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Exhaust

Users Country Flag

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster great forum for advice ...

So today i installed a Golf R Mk7.5 exhaust and with a Res delete to my Stage 1 R-Line 162 Tiguan (with the valves open).

Bit dissapointed to say the least, because the drone in the 1500 RPM range is unbearable even in freeway driving, and I'm getting vibrations in the cabin as well (feels like when you have the rear windows open on the freeway).

The missus's reaction after showing her tonight after was like "put it back to normal".

Is putting the old resonator back in an option that will solve this drone/vibration problem? Would a hotdog resonator do the same trick or is the OEM resonator even better?

I'm just after a slightly louder and deeper sound from OEM (it seems raspy on heavy throttle as standard), the loud DSG farts are nice on gear change but I can live with a muted version of that.

Thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Bit of a follow up, today I went the hotdog route (a Redback which apparently is similar to Lukey, not sure).

Anyway the drone at freeway speeds is gone, but i do get some "boomy" type noise say accelerating from 80 to 90, but once it's reached the target speed it's pretty quiet.

Also get a bit of drone whilst decelerating, but it seems to be better managed when in "Sport" mode compared to "D".

Exhaust guy said let it settle for a few weeks and if it's still really noisy he can put a mini muffler between the resonator and the muffler.

It sounds really good still, still get the DSG fart (just not as loud and raspy) and has a good engine note 90% of the time.

The missus was at least a bit happier after I took her for drive afterwards lol

Users Country Flag
    did you try closing the flaps to see if that made any difference?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    did you try closing the flaps to see if that made any difference?
    The exhaust shop deleted them.

Is there a Sydney Exhuast shop where I could get them added back in but also be able to open and close similar to what was done here?

Golf R exhaust valve wiring guide

There's times where I like the setup and then bits where i'm not the biggest fan (around the 1500 to 2000 RPM mark) but it is slowly getting better.

Users Country Flag
    If any of you Tiguan guys want a small resonator to add to your exhaust then i have one of these small mufflers/resonators which was fitted to my stock Mk6 Golf R downpipe. Was only on the car for 15,000km and has been in storage in my garage for several years now. Made of stainless steel and straight through design.

Exhaust pipe diameter is 2.4"-2.5" so should match the Tiguan factory exhaust if im not mistaken.

Muffler dimensions are 22cm L x 13cm W x 9cm H.

$30 and its yours. Pickup from Newcastle.

Tiguan Exhaust-golf-r-resonator-jpg
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 03-12-2021 at 03:48 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Hi all,
    Newbie here ��
    Had to upgrade from my beloved Golf R to a Tiguan in 2018 when we had a little one, and couldn’t fit a freaking pram in the boot… am loving the Tiguan (162) but am missing the exhaust tone.
    have done a stage 1 tune at Tarmac Engineering in Brisi which is awesome!
    Looking to purchase a Golf 7/7.5 R exhaust to get a little more noise as per others in this awesome thread.
    Hope to get one with low k’s if possible, and in very good condition!

Users Country Flag
    Mines booked in on the bayside in the last week of jan ����

Users Country Flag
    If anyone around Sydney want to get rid and sell his 162kw original Tiuan Exhaust including catalytic converter and middle resonator ( or complete) . Please let me know interested to purchase is price ok .Must be from as new car or very low kms.

Users Country Flag
    Would anyone in Brisi with a 162 tiggie be happy to take me for a spin to get a feel for the what the R cat back sounds like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

So!!! I bit the bullet and did this, and boom, couldn’t stop smiling all the way home!! Tiguan ExhaustTiguan ExhaustTiguan Exhaust
    Except, I opted in for an S3 cat back instead of the MK7 R, only because I found one with super low k’s from a new car, which had the motors still attached and in pristine condition all over (including the tips in perfect condition)… and also did a resonator delete at the same time. Tiguan Exhaust
    In case anyone is wondering it was done by Rob Bliss exhausts who were super helpful and seemed to know what they were talking about!
    It’s been raining in Brizi, so haven’t had a look to see underneath the quality of their work just yet, but they got the rear alignment of the tips spot on Tiguan Exhaust
    Loving the look and the sound so far!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast