Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan Exhaust

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cheung1 View Post

just a quick one..
    Quick question, are your tips ES-VW09-BLACKTIPS ?? cus these doesn't look black to me, more like black chrome.
    Last edited by Mourph; 23-11-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Hey everyone, does any make a full bolt on dump back (with cat) exhaust for the tiggy? I can see most of you are using the MK7.5 exhaust, but looking to get the full thing done in my garage and not worry about welding.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by onggie View Post
    Hey everyone, does any make a full bolt on dump back (with cat) exhaust for the tiggy? I can see most of you are using the MK7.5 exhaust, but looking to get the full thing done in my garage and not worry about welding.

stone exhaust have a full downpipe and exhaust system for the tiguan, but it'll set you back a pretty penny

Does anyone know if the Golf R muffler and shop extended tips can be used on the new R-Line face lift bumper?

Last edited by cosworthpower; 11-07-2021 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Pic link

Users Country Flag
    Nice to see Van doing more vinyl work!

Quote Originally Posted by cosworthpower View Post
    Does anyone know if the Golf R muffler and shop extended tips can be used on the new R-Line face lift bumper?
    Total speculation but I reckon it'd be doable. Considering the Tig R version has what appears to be a Golf R exhaust.

Your biggest challenge might be removing those fake exhausts!

Have you got a pic of the underside of the car? A look at the stock muffler and the space it sits in will be useful
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    Nice to see Van doing more vinyl work!

Total speculation but I reckon it'd be doable. Considering the Tig R version has what appears to be a Golf R exhaust.

Your biggest challenge might be removing those fake exhausts!

Have you got a pic of the underside of the car? A look at the stock muffler and the space it sits in will be useful
    Thanks mate, here's a pic. The concern I have is if I were to have exhaust tips exiting where the fake cover is, there isn't much room for the exhaust moving and therefore wary of fowling the bumper. Anyways I may just take it to my custom exhaust guy to see what he says. Will let you know how I go.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworthpower View Post
    Thanks mate, here's a pic. The concern I have is if I were to have exhaust tips exiting where the fake cover is, there isn't much room for the exhaust moving and therefore wary of fowling the bumper. Anyways I may just take it to my custom exhaust guy to see what he says. Will let you know how I go.
    sorry, i was actually referring to a pic of the underside of the car... to see if the suitcase looked similar to the golf exhaust which would suggest a straight swap was possible

this pic is helpful though as it will mean the extended tips will be surrounded by plastic. i dont think exhaust movement will be too much of an issue but heat could be?
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, I think i have got my head around this.

I am mainly trying to do the golf exhaust to gain quad tips. Some more noise would be good but its not the initial thing Im trying to achieve.

So am I best to get the golf exahaust and leave the stock tig resonator in and get a AWE to control the valves. Or would I still be better off getting the res done now.

Ive read most posts from the beginning. Wondering if any Brisbane boys have done this recently

I personally wouldn't do the res delete as it can/will drone. Go for the muffler first and see what you think.

Going to be personal taste at the end of the day, best to try and hear in person if you can (if anyone local available).

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperTig View Post
    Hey guys, I think i have got my head around this.

I am mainly trying to do the golf exhaust to gain quad tips. Some more noise would be good but its not the initial thing Im trying to achieve.

So am I best to get the golf exahaust and leave the stock tig resonator in and get a AWE to control the valves. Or would I still be better off getting the res done now.

Ive read most posts from the beginning. Wondering if any Brisbane boys have done this recently
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag

Been so tempted to get an exhaust on the family Tiguan coming from my R36 but here is my question.
    Does the Golf MK7 R Exhaust also fit the 132 Tiguan? We went for a 132 because it was fully optioned which my wife liked instead of going a base model 162? Do i just want a cat back exhaust when im looking? Is the 132 and 162 exhaust the same?
    R36

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast